Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

tesco finest

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by hayleyb, Jul 16, 2009.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

atm i spend roughly £20 on felix food for Sheldon. Ive tried him on hi life and natures menu but he didnt like them one bit.
    Ive been to tesco and bought 2 tins of tesco finest as a treat coz i no he likes them. Ive worked out it will cost me £10 extra a month to give him tesco finest with is much better for him nutritionlly.

However i can only find it in 2 flavours, tuna and ocean fish with prawns.
    Does anyone no if they do any other flavours coz Sheldon gets very bored when it comes to food.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanx :)

2. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

Have you tried feline fayre?
    I got it recently for my two, one of which is very fussy, and they love it!
    I've been giving them the chicken ones from tins for a while but recently tried the fish ones in pouches, both chicken and fish are 60% meat or fish and are complete meals. As I stated in a previous post I must be missing something because its too good to be true but then I remembered how bad their poo smells! This is not much of an issue when the pouches are 4 for £1 in asda and the tins are 3 for £1.38 in Morrissons.

As an aside though my cat only gets one portion of wet food per day and mainly eats dry (I think it is better for her teeth and she drinks like a fish from the tap so not worried about dehydration).

Sorry I can't help you with the Tesco finest though.

3. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I'm pretty sure we have bought a chicken selection of this before. My cat loves it too & snubs hi-life/nature's menu. I also find she likes Applaws/Encore too.

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thats a good help.
    id seen this advertised on the tele for asda. the only thing is i need a few more flavours than 2 and sheldons poo already stinks when he 1st does it so i dnt want it worse.#
    he is fed on wet and only ever eats his dry on a nite and sometimes durin the day

thanx for your reply tho

5. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i have just googled it and have found another 2 flavours.

its really hard to find good food that he likes. i must have spent £40 last month on new food and gave it all away to someone at work and the pdsa.
    i dnt have that kind of money to waste every month, which is why i stuck with felix. id rather a fed and happy cat than an unfed cat on high quality food.

think i mite jst buy loads of little cans and see which ones he likes lol

6. spid

spid PetForums VIP

They quite often come back to a flavour - don't be too hasty to give it all away - wait a couple of months and try again.

7. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

im not sure whether it was too rich for him.

following advice i introduced it gently but he wud have a lick and then not eat it. i ended up wastin full pouches coz they'd been open too long.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice