Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tesco Double the difference guarantee...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gilly and Jess, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

Who has raided tesco for the free stuff then?

I'm on my 16th trip, lol.

If you buy something from tesco and its cheaper at Asda they give you a voucher for double the difference back.
    I'm off for some bacardi, its 22.79 in tesco but only £16 in Asda so its £6.79 cheaper in Asda so double back = £13.58, so a bottle costs you £9.21, nice result!

Theres loads of stuff like magners, smirnoff vodka, cornetto ice creams, pizzas I'll post the link for what to buy if any one wants it and it ok with moderators?

hawksport likes this.
  2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

thats a great idea im going to have go and have look i think:001_smile:

3. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i'm liking the sound of this :D

4. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

ooooh!!! where do you go to get the cash back & what proof is required?

5. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I don't understand it! I have asda over the road and tesco is about 15 mins away so I'd have to spend petrol money to get there! Is it worth it, and only on specific items?

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

depends what and how much you buy you would have to work it in you favour

7. CharleyRogan

My shopping list consists of kids food as thats all I really eat and vegi stuff, maybe a loaf of bread sometimes. I know there is only some stuff I can get in tesco and some only in asda so sometimes go to both. I would buy ale in tesco if they were to give me money back :D

By my dads there is a tesco which realllly cheap petrol so when I go down I go to that tesco. What kind of things are on this offer, and I will see how much I buy because I am skint!!

8. Gilly and Jess

Got to be worth it if you're getting several items on the list! Some of them work out where you're getting just about free!

Here's the link to the spreadsheet with the price comparison.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...cZdGtYS29pVEZQTV9sZGgtbWRsejRGLXc&output=html

and here's where you enter the details on the tesco website....

https://www.tescopricecheck.com/PriceCheck/Pages/StoreCompare/Default.aspx

They limited the vouchers to £20 so stay under the £20.
    You enter your receipt number on the tesco website then email addy then they send you the vouchers.

Get yourself some money back! Some of the price differences are ridiculous considering the offer they're doing....you'd think they'd have checked first!! :eek:

9. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

There was some beauty product that was at Asda at less than half the price or a similar offer of Tesco not long ago, with the double the difference, it meant you'd get it free plus extra left on the vouchers. Wasn't sure if Tesco would do that, so didn't bother. I wasn't actually looking for beauty products, was just comparing prices looking for price differences like that. lol

10. Gilly and Jess

Who cares if you don't want it, if you're getting double the difference back and actually making something on it, I'd have got it! Could keep it as a pressie for someone in the future, sorted! :D

11. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

I know, I did think that, but wasn't sure if they'd honour it as my sister had problems with a Tesco delivery (ruined items, took ages to get a refund, they kept lying saying they'd already given one).

12. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

hmm interesting I shall look at them later this afternoon
    thanks for sharing, i do use both asda and tesco (and morrisons too)
    :001_smile:

13. Gilly and Jess

I do too, I just can't believe that Tesco would have such a massive price difference on some of these items and then offer double the difference if you get it cheaper in Asda?! Seems crazy, but hey, they're honouring it. I've printed off the spreadsheet, it goes in my purse with my money, lol!

Just remember to keep your original receipt, and keep the double the difference to under £20, even if it means paying for your shopping in 3 or 4 lots, lol.

#13 Gilly and Jess, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  14. CharleyRogan

So on all these items you get money off?

15. Gilly and Jess

Yup. The ones on the list are a comparison of prices between Asda and Tesco. It gives you the two prices, what you'd get when you get double the difference back and the after-refund price of the goods you bought.

Some of them are whopping price differences, it has to be said!

You enter you till receipt details, your email address and they send you double the difference in an e-voucher. You can then spend that in Tesco, and if you do as I've done, you can then use it to buy other items with a price difference and get double the difference back again, :D

16. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

so , do you have to buy in both stores or just tesco and then compare on the website of what you would have paid in asda?:)

17. Gilly and Jess

I've just been entering my till receipt details on the tesco website. They must have the spreadsheet available to them? I don't know. But it says they check up on your till receipt details when you've entered them, they know what you've bought and check them against their prices........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice