Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Territory

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sda68, Jul 15, 2009.

1. sda68

sda68 PetForums Newbie

Hi there, Im a first time cat owner and I have two cats that are 2 years old and I have only just started letting them outside. There is another big fluffy cat in the area that keeps cornering them in there own garden, do I shoo it away everytime its near incase they get into a fight and get hurt or do I let them deal with it themselves because I wont always be around. Im not sure if they were let outside previously as they still come in to use the litter tray.

2. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

We used to have a big tomcat come around, that thought all the back gardens were his .
    The cats were wary about going in their own back garden as they had ,had scraps with him ,so to stop any further tussles and injuries ,I got my grandsons very large water pistol,couple of shots with that soon gave him the idea that he was'nt welcome !!
    Also ,mine come in to use the litter tray if they are in the garden,so would'nt worry about that:)

3. sda68

sda68 PetForums Newbie

Brilliant, thank you. I had thought about spraying water at it, but then I thought that I wouldnt like someone to do that to my girls. Then again the big fluffy came in my house last night and went to the toilet on the floor which I wasnt very impressed with, so I will now reconsider the idea!

Im currently trying to organise getting a cat flap fitted so that I dont have to have the back door open all the time - which is harder to find someone to sort it out than I thought!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice