Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Terrier racing...

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Gemmaa, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Does anyone know of any events with racing in the Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire/near those, region?

Thanks! :D

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

No sorry but most country fairs do it. Its great fun to watch but my terrier mix never took to it made it halfway down the field turned around and ran back to me knocking me flying. The worst thing the other dogs turned around with him.

3. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

ohhh my lot love racing but were not in your area lol there doing sim coursing on sunday try countrymans weekly ,lurcher world or k9 community under lurchers

4. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I didn't know there was such a thing!!! I'd love to have a go with Sumo, although he's more likely to roll over and demand a tummy rub than run!!:D

5. rona

rona Guest

Hunt kennels usually have an event at some point during the summer, and every one that I have been to has had terrier racing.
    I used to love racing our terrier, and he thought it was brilliant

6. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Thanks a lot everyone!

I'll look into your suggestions, though knowing Freddie he probably wouldn't go in/come out the box! :rolleyes:

:D

7. rona

rona Guest

Just stand and watch the first few races, he should get so excited I'm sure he will go

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice