Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Terrier off her food :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kimberleena, Apr 8, 2011.

1. kimberleena

kimberleena PetForums Junior

We are a little bit worried about my mums terrier pip!

She's 12 years old and up to now has had no health issues and no reason to go to the vets!

About 10 days ago she pulled a muscle in her back leg whilst on a walk, it has improved but she's still limping on it.

She had a dog chew last saturday but since then she hasn't eaten anything! She's drinking as normal but has only had tiny bits of food. She dosnt even want ham!!

Do we leave her a bit longer to see if she improves? Take her to the vets? Or is there anything we can try at home to get her back to her normal self :(

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Kim xx

2. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Luckily i have never been in this situation, i hope Pip is okay..

If i had been in this situation i think i would deffinaly take to the vets if she is not being herself. Better to be safe than sorry in my opionion. Im sure others will be along soon who have experience with this type of thing. Hope she is better soon. :)

3. rona

rona Guest

Let me understand this :confused:
    You have a dog that hasn't eaten properly for a week and it hasn't been to the vets yet? :(

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

5. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i agree, if marley hadnt eaten for 48 hours let alone a week he would be going to the vets. I hope she is ok :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice