Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Terrible Twos!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WittyKitty, Jun 23, 2009.

1. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

oh...my...goodness!

My Nephew turned two at the beginning of this month and boy do we know it! He is a little beauty and a real bright spark but today was hell on earth! He has had two bad nights in a row and was a little terror. He was pointing his finger and being bossy and when he didn't get his own way he was stamping his feet and winging. It was awful lol!

Terrible twos!

2. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

Ha ha ha ha ha......

My niece was just passed three years old when my sister (her mother) told her she couldn't do her jigsaw for the umpteenth time and had to go to bed. My niece didn't take this too well and stomped to the door. She held the door as she turned and stood in the door way before yelling "YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!" and slamming the door.

I don't know where she gets it from do you, sis?

3. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

oh my goodness..... :eek: so it will get worse *facepalm* :p

my nephew just says NO LEAVE ME ALONE GO AWAY again and again when he is in a bad mood. He looks like a little 'man' when he gets angry... I have to hide my face because it can be funny! Not funny when you have to put up with it 24/7 though!

4. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

My little brother has just turned 2 this week, and omg its like the 'Kevin' stage, he just transformed over night to being a little terror!!!

5. kath123

kath123 Guest

My harry is 2, 3 end of august!!! And it is now 6.23pm and i have had enough he is going to bed!!!

His new words are "no way" and "pooh pooh face" and "go away mummy"

He is currently screaming at the top of his voice in the garden and his 5yr old brother is trying to get him in the house. lol x

He is a gorgeous little boy and people just dont believe me when i tell them what he is ACTUALLY like. They say "no not that blue eyed boy" i cant believe it.

WELL PEOPLE BELIEVE IT!! i have had enough for one day. ;)

Say goodnight to harry everyone. ;)

6. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

aaaw Harry what a gorgeous name :) Love that.

Yes, my Nephew is soooo well behaved normally and everynoe loves him to bits but I have to say my patience was wearing thin yesterday :p

He is so clever as well because he knows how towrap his Grandparents around his little finger... he has that down to a T! haha!

Wish me luck... I am off to the park with him in a little bit! Picnic and football... hmmm.... *packs some painkillers*

7. kath123

kath123 Guest

Hun, i have woke up the morning to "mummy go away". He is just as bad after a good night sleep. Im losing patience now.

He has to go to school today for an hour as a trial to see how he gets on. :D:D:D

Best of luck to them i say!! :):)

Enjoy the football hun, xxxx

8. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Shall I buy you all a pair of ear defenders? :lol:

9. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Lol i saw cocky when my son was 2 as he was an angel still then he turned 3 :rolleyes: and when he was in a mood he was a monster!

My daughters been a pain in the bum and a stroppy child since about 5days old lol as the saying goes when shes good, shes very good and when shes very bad shes very bad!

10. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I went through the terrible 2s with my daughter and 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s & 9s ............ can't wait till she hits the teens! :rolleyes:

11. marion..d

marion..d PetForums VIP

i remember the terrible twos,the even worse threes.. by the time they get to about 20 they become human again..... good luck.....

#11 marion..d, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  12. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

My middle daughter is 2yrs old, 3yrs old in Oct, and she is such a little madam!! (putting it very politely ;) :p ) tantrums everything, but then again, she can be so sweet to lol!

It just seems to be a switch from such a nice little one to terrible two's lol!! but with lovely moments to

x

13. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

well respect to all the parents out there :) I have said it before and I will say it again... you are all doing a fantastic job :D

14. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

Oh boy do I remeber those days with my kids. Never again. Good luck to all that are going through it now.

15. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I thought I had got it easy.. my son got to his 3rd birthday with nothing but the usualy grumpy tantrums and being naughty whenever he came back from his grannys...
    He didn't have terriblt twos. he had tettible threes instead! It was worse than I remember with my little brother.
    Tantrums for the teeniest little thing. He still does it now and hes 4. I can't wait to get him back into nursery! Lol

x

16. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Apparently the terrible twos start at around 18 months in age and last until they are 30+

You think children are bad, thry having a parrot going through the terrible twos. It's like having an angry toddler with a chainsaw loose in the house

17. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I can sympathise with anyone that has children going through the terrible two's.

Reece started them when he was 18 months. My perfect child turned into the evil, devil child overnight! We went through the kicking, screaming and dropping to the floor in the midle of town if he couldn't get his own way, although he only did it about 3 or 4 times as it never got him anywhere. He is now 2 1/2 and is a nightmare if he's told no! But he is such an angel for anyone that looks after him, which is the main thing I suppose! :rolleyes:

I find that ignoring most of the strops works well, but he knows the buttons to push to get a reaction out of his dad straight away! We have started doing the naughty chair, and found that that works well, the threat of it stops him doing most things. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice