Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Terrible dog persons.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bob Ford, May 2, 2017.

1. Bob Ford

Bob Ford Pickle the Mud Monster,

Went for a walk this afternoon & had to passed this older couple with I think it was a Pomeranian was going nuts now normally Pickle would have been lunging & barking at the other dog but the Tasmanian devil on the end of the lead was spinning around & Pickle was bemused by it unfortunately the inevitable happened the Pom wriggled out of it's harness & made a bee line for Pickle she was sitting by this point trying to make her mind up what this furry thing was it managed to bite Pickle not to badly but it did draw blood on her front leg luckily this horrible dog ran off Pickle would have chased except she was firmly on her lead. I got sworn at by the couple called allsorts of names mostly four lettered then their little dog came running back followed closely by a small cross breed extremely cross LoL dog as it went past Pickle took a snap at it the third dog gave her a wide berth & continued chasing the Pom a Lady hurried along behind & gave me a mouth fully until I shouted her down that it was the couples dog the Lady apologised & piled into the couple who you will have guessed believe their dog can do no wrong so the most venomous back & forth started I just walked away I found the two dogs the cross had it's teeth firmly around the Pom's throat I tied Pickle to post a little way off & when over to the two dog as I reach to pick them up by their collars they stopped fighting I could not do anything about changing my hold so ended up carrying these two by their collars back to their owners got a thanks from one & a mouthful from the Pom owner I just smiled shook my head & left. Had a pleasant walk with Pickle after all that excitement. What are some people like I have never see them before so must visitors or newbies.

#1 Bob Ford, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Lurcherlad likes this.
  2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Makes you want to cry for the dogs sometimes doesn't it?

Lurcherlad and Bob Ford like this.
  3. Bob Ford

Doesn't it just poor little sod doesn't know right from wrong it's so spoilt. I could not fathom the Pom owners thinking.:(

Twiggy, cbcdesign, rona and 1 other person like this.
  4. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern They don't like it up 'em, sir!

Good on you.

Bob Ford likes this.
  5. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Unfortunately some owners do seem to think that small cute fluffy dogs don't need to be trained cos they are just so small and cute and fluffy! Which means their dog gets taught a harsh and painful lesson by another dog. Just lucky it was a small dog and not something with a mouth big enough to go all the way around their little preciouses throat....

6. The Wild Bunch

The Wild Bunch Owner of dogs and referee of children

Dogs are dogs whether large or small. People seem to think that small dogs are babies and should be treated as such. Small dogs (speaking from experience) can have small dog syndrome and think that they are a Rottweiler then act like sweetness and light when big dog fights back. Good recall and teaching the ignore command is always top of my list with my small dogs. Hope pickle is ok

7. Bob Ford

PART TWO
    I have just witnessed a truely amazing thing! The couple were walking in the same place just before lunch carrying the dog a fellow shepherd owner was walking with his old placid chap JJ (even Pickle likes him) some way ahead again the Pomeranian went skitsoid desperately trying to get out of the ladies arms in the struggle both of the owners got bitten poor old JJ can't run his eyesight isn't the best & he has dickie ticker was just a quivering bundle of fur I think he was not sure of what the hell was going on & believe it or not the Pom owner tore
    a strip off Kev JJ 's owner & although I was a way off I heard her call JJ a thug dog ?????? I could not workout if the Pom lady was the full shilling. It takes all sorts but sure that takes the biscuit. I moved into a side path while the Pom owners went past not wishing to speak or deal with them, when we caught up with Kev & JJ Pickle gave JJ a good amount of kisses then they played I pee you pee game followed by you sniff I sniff except JJ has to mark I after a good sniff. I still in all my 62yrs never met such odd behaviour & I've worked at a council depot they were all a bit odd there LOL

Twiggy, Blitz and The Wild Bunch like this.
  8. Bob Ford

Thanks yep Pickle is ok robust in her nature & body she thinks she's a Russian Mountain dog LoL

The Wild Bunch likes this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

How very odd, they must have been completely bonkers. Poor dog will end up being badly bitten I should think, or maybe it will bite the owners so hard they will rehome it to someone a bit more normal.

Bob Ford likes this.
  10. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

And on the other side of the coin..... I was just over my local field and was pottering along with Ty when I heard two sharp whistles. I looked up and a bloke with a big dog was waving at me. His dog was wearing a hi-vis coat and on-lead. I assumed the bloke was telling me to not come near. So I acknowledged his signal, turned and walked the other way. Talk about an early warning! Good dog owner.

Rott lover and The Wild Bunch like this.
  11. Bob Ford

If they meet the Staffie next door then it will not end well he's a full on "thug" hates other dogs with a blood thirsty passion but in fairness he has a muzzle on at all times when out the owner does a sterling job of keeping everything under control can you imagine what damage a 35kg Staffie just with body weight alone doesn't bare thinking about.

12. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

I must say if I met the owners of the Pomeranian and had any trouble they would be getting a very firm ticking off. I have zero tolerance for moronic dog owners like that!

Bob Ford likes this.
  13. Bob Ford

I have a saying "NEVER ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL" & those people are the stupidest I've ever met.

14. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Some people when they know something is their fault but don't want to admit it or deal with it will use attack as a means of offense (rather like the pom is likely doing). They blame the victim and make out that they are in the wrong to deflect the victim and also discourage that person from having a go. If they do they tend to either escalate the offensive or pretend that they haven't heard. They have likely discovered that this is a good form of defence as the recipient is generally too shocked and / or polite to retaliate. And like their dog, if this behaviour works then their behaviour is someone else's problem not theirs.

The best thing to do is get the authorities involved. Both you, JJs owner and everyone else who has been on the receiving end should report the dog and owner to the dog warden and state their concerns about their dog's and their own safety under the dangerous dogs act. Any injuries sustained no matter how seemingly trivial to the people or if the woman is abusive or threatening then this should be also reported to the police.

Any witness statements, photographs of injuries, doctors notes or vet treatment required should also be reported to the DW/ police (as appropriate).

Just minimising it or hoping it will go away just plays to these people's methods. The rely on people not bothering to take things further.

I recommend if you see JJs owner or the other dog that was attacked then recommend that you all report her.

Facts like time date, where, what happened and any witnesses and who said what should all be recorded.

rona, The Wild Bunch and Bob Ford like this.
  15. Bob Ford

yes I had thought of reporting them JJ's owner is not keen not sure why.

16. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

If half the people who thought of reporting dangerous or aggressive behaviour from dogs (and their owners) actually did, the streets and parks would be a damn sight safer.

Rudydog, Mercgirl, Rott lover and 6 others like this.
  17. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Perhaps he might if all of you who have been affected got together and did so. Perhaps he feels a bit vulnerable or worried or that he would be wasting the authorities time if he did so on his own but might feel more encouraged if he isn't alone. Also if there are a number if people it has more impact with the authorities and they have more information on which to act.

As @Burrowzig says, unless people report these things nothing will be done. Also if this woman has regular form for doing this then either someone will get hurt one of these days, either through the dog biting, accidentally getting between their own and the attacking dog or just by falling over in the confusion. Whilst such injuries may well be mild there is a potential for more life changing injuries to occur (even if it is the temporary missing if a holiday or being off work and not getting an income). There is also a very big risk that her dog may be killed or severely injured if it closes the wrong victim. Whilst people may feel less compassion for the dog, the owner if the dog responsible for injuring the pin may themselves face repercussions or at least stress and upset about the outcome.

The police and dog warden would treat any reports in confidence so no one is at risk of being targeted by this woman.

18. Singlefish

Singlefish PetForums Junior

Glad to hear Pickle is OK. I know that "there's no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners", but is it only me that seems to find that the vast majority that fall into this category are the owners of small dogs?

Bob Ford likes this.
  19. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I think there really are some bad dogs. Just as some humans are psychopaths, why should not some dogs have 'wiring' that makes them inherently dangerous?

20. Bob Ford

I will try Kev again because I agree these incidents need reporting more for the dogs sake it must be going out of it's mind with stress.

rona likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice