Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Terra Cannis and Lukullus wet food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by hyper Springer, Apr 30, 2011.

1. hyper Springer

hyper Springer PetForums Senior

As some may know i feed the boy(20 mth old Springer) Rocco wet for breaky and Lillys Kitchen for his Tea(both with a slack handfull of Orijen 6 fish)...

Well for no real reason going to try him on Lukullus for Breaky and Terra Cannis for Tea as i like the look of the ingredients and they are simalar in price to Rocco and Lillys

The Lukulus offer sa decent range of flavours and is IIRC made by the same people that make Rocco

The Terra Cannis is slightly cheaper than the Lillys(£2) and is from a butchers in Munich and only uses human grade meat :)

Great Deals on Terra Canis Dog Food at zooplus: Terra Canis 12 x 400 g Savings Pack

Lukullus canned dog food at zooplus: Wild Rabbit & Turkey with Pear, Oat Flakes, and Black Onion Seed Oil

Anyone tried these 2 foods ?

Why is it that the Germans\canada\Sweden seem to make better quality dog food than the English ?:confused:

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Not tried them but they do look good.

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hi,
    I've been using the LK for a while now. They were selling off their winter variety a few months back and I grabbed them. Goose with red cabbage and sunflower seed oil. Venison with German spatzle noodles, lingoberries and safflower oil. This isnt their gormet range but I cant fault it and would def order again.
    Been looking at the Rocco since you mentioned it and now the Terra Canis. Would like to give the Rinti a go at some point too. With only a small terrier, it takes me a while to get round to it:D

It interested me that the LK was produced with seasonal produce - v good idea I thought

4. hyper Springer

I like the fact the Terra Cannis has Spriulina(whhich i take myself) :)

Horrid question but what was Heidis out put like on the LK ?:eek:

Wilson only knocks out 3 pipes a day nice n firm(althogh like you i add bionic biotic)

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Heidi has WW wet as well. Only because it puts her right if we have any slushy pipes and I've stopped the BB - just to see how she is without.

I cant get any sense out of P@H re the ingredients that provide the 5% fibre (- considering most other wets are 1%.) So I would like to drop the WW(when I've used up their free box) in favour of zooplus and re-start BB if I need to.

On LK we have 3 firm pipes on WW 2.

6. hyper Springer

Im guessing heidi would enjoy the Rocco as it has nowt in it bar meat(70 % beef 30 % other named meat and nothing else)

There is English on the can ,but the OH works for a german firm so i asked her to get it translated in full and it was top notch....no nasties etc...

Im not sure but i think i read somewhere the cooking process used ensures the vits\goodness stay contained in the tin....

Does Heidi have kibble as a topper ?

and one other thing i enjoy with canned food in no blown packs or having to to take a kniife\scizzors to the plastic on NH\ND :)

while were on Teutonic matters ....take a look at cats that like Hitler :) Kittlers :)

Cats That Look Like Hitler!

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

No Kitlers here:D My old timers wouldnt pass but they do love their zooplus food:)

Heidi has issues with kibble - I've no idea why. Tried everything I can think of. Even Acana:eek: I get away with it as treats but nothing more.

Def sticking with zooplus. Good your OH can decipher the labels but as you said previously, foreign countries are much more on the button.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice