Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Temporary foster home urgently needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lisa Burford, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa Burford

Lisa Burford PetForums Newbie

Hello,

Our 2 year old cat needs a temporary foster home for approx 4-6 weeks. We have to leave our home due to a massive leak and move in with my mum (me, my fiancée and our baby). My mum has a cat and we know it won’t work as our cat has never mixed with other cats (he goes out in the terrace but mainly an indoor cat). As soon as we find a new home we want him back, he is very much loved and part of our family. Please let me know if you or anyone you know can help....the Surrey area would be good .
    Thank you
    Lisa

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Lisa Burford :)

As it is for a fairly short while it might be better to board him in a reputable cattery near you rather than try and find a foster carer at such a busy time of year. All the volunteer foster carers who work for Shelters and charities will be fostering nursing cat mums and their kittens at this time of year.

I hope you manage to find somewhere suitable for him. :)

lea247 and TriTri like this.
  3. lea247

lea247 PetForums VIP

Hi @Lisa Burford, unfortunately the regular readers already have at least one cat of their own. So I would take Chillminx's advice and put your kitty in a boarding cattery. If your cat is insured then any costs incurred for boarding might be covered in your policy.

chillminx likes this.
  4. Lisa Burford

Thank you, the period of time we need him to be looked after for will be too expensive for a cattery. Thanks anyway

5. Lisa Burford

Thank you for replying! Also he went to a cattery in July for a week whilst we were on holiday and lost loads of weight as he refused to eat....we know a foster home would be much better for him

6. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Is it possible for him to stay in your room or divide the house so the 2 cats don’t need to meet. If he didn’t cope in a cattery he’ll likely be happier staying with you than a stranger.

buffie likes this.
  7. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

closed as duplicate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice