Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Temporary cat fostering

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cloe Johnson, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Cloe Johnson

Cloe Johnson PetForums Newbie

My self and my partner have come to a difficult situation whereby we need someone to foster our two cats for 8 months due to living situation. We cannot do it in our hearts to say goodbye to them. Hence why I’m writing this message. I don’t know if this is a thing where someone could foster our cats for 8 months. But you never know. We live in Lincolnshire? Bourne. Does anyone know any advise they can give? Urgently need some. Thanks

2. Shrike

Shrike Brooke's faithful manservant

Its unlikely anyone here will be able to take on your cats as we have cats of our own. Its worth contacting shelters in your area as they may have fosters on their books who can help. Look on catchat.org
    The other possibility is long term stay in a cattery. Often catteries will offer a discount for long term residents and a discount if they share a pen.

3. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

Unfortunately finding someone to foster cats is difficult. Your only options are to talk to rescues and see if any other their foster homes can take them on, or board your cats in a cattery.

I had to have my cats fostered for 6 months and I'd never do it again. It took 3 years to get them back to their old selves, it really affected them. 8 months is a long time for cats and even when it's someone you know well, it's hard on the cats

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice