Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Temperature and humidity problems

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by anthony346, Sep 8, 2018.

1. anthony346

anthony346 PetForums Newbie

Hello all,

I have two boa constrictors, still very young. One was born in July, the other may. Since getting them home I'm having trouble with their vivs being set up correctly.

One Viv I'm just about keeping on top of though I fear is shouldnt have to tend to it constantly to keep it right. The temps are fine and humidity jumps around all day from 50% to 85%.

I've got to the point where I have to leave a slight crack in the door (locked still obviously) otherwise the humidity spikes to high and the glass get a condensation over it.

The other one I have no hope in hell getting under control. I woke up this morning and humidity was 90% that's with the door slightly adjar all night!!

I'm using digital hygrometers to measure. Heat mats under moisture holding bark substrate. Both tanks have a low powered 15w bulb to give a little light inside (on the hot side none the less).

It's gotten to the point where I have both baby boas in the first tank which I can just about keep under control.

Any help or ideas on how to bring these under control?

2. anthony346

anthony346 PetForums Newbie

The substrate was recommended by the reptile shop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice