Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tell me about Pugs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by L/C, Feb 11, 2012.

1. L/C

L/C PetForums VIP

No, we aren't adding one of our very own - I haven't been seduced from my love of pointies. :lol: We're going to be renting out a room in the new house we're moving to and we're showing it to some prospective tenants tomorrow - of the four of them, 2 have pugs. So I wanted a bit more info on the breed.

2. PaulRyan

PaulRyan PetForums Member

Since they wont be your pugs I'll skip the health issues ect. Pugs the largest of the of the toy breed, They are very willing to please and also very sensitive to the tone of someone voice. As a breed they are generally "needy" so can often be somewhat of a shadow, which can can be good or bad depending on if you like it, they are fairly difficult to train as they bore easily. In my experience they are active indoors as well as outdoors.
    Most websites will say Pugs get on very well with children and household pets which is my experience with them also.

Overall Pugs are very happy-go-lucky dogs with a desire to please their humans.
    They are also extremely heavy shedders.

#2 PaulRyan, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  3. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

I don't know the ins and outs of the breed, but I do know three pugs, they are all very 'licky', quite cheerful little dogs. Not very fast, not very agile, but then the pugs I know are all ex breeding ladies, so have been a bit worn out by life.

All the best for the interviews! :D

4. BumbleFluff

BumbleFluff PetForums VIP

Due to their squashed faces, they gulp alot of air, meaning they fart alot :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice