Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tell me a bit about yourselves and your cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chaddycat, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Chaddycat

Chaddycat PetForums Senior

a little about me. I have 2 Cats, Chadwick from a rescue, and Rue whose Mum was dumped at a tip. I have 3 Rabbits, all rescues. I currently work on a covid ward but will be going over to a surgical ward soon. It's been a strannnnge and stressful time but I'm proud to be doing what I do. I have 2 grown Children who are my life and although they have given me grey hairs they also are my rocks :)

Catstorm, ewelsh, SbanR and 4 others like this.
  2. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

I have 2 furballs. Both Somalis but one long hair and one short hair. Mosi is 14 and Kito is 5. They are both nuts but Mosi is the nuttiest. And the liveliest. Nobody has told him he’s a senior cat (verging on what “they” term geriatric but please nobody tell him that). Me? I’m boring. There’s just me. Working from home at the moment, like lots of people, although I did work from home 1-2 days a week before all this. Just admin stuff. I’m disabled but my boys keep me going and I plan to get a dog at some point in the future. Either soonish (ie next year) or when I am down to 1 cat (which I hope will be many years away but with Mosi being 14, I need to consider that and do it soonish whilst he’s in good health or wait).

3. Chaddycat

I'd be terrible if I worked from home. Id want a 5 hour lunch break :) ah your moggies sound lovely x

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Lots of you already know all about me :D
    I'm retired and have been breeding Siamese cats for almost 11 years now. Lots of ups and far too many downs, especially this year :(, but I have two girls at the moment. Coco, who is five and due to retire after her next litter, later in the year and Lolita, the brat kitten who is five months old. She is Coco's niece and the daughter of a very special girl who I lost in July :(:(
    A few of my babies belong to forum members :Cat
    IMG_20200821_220258419.jpg IMG_20200826_152221579.jpg

MissyfromMice, ewelsh, SbanR and 8 others like this.
  5. Chaddycat

Oh what beauty's! Sorry to hear you've had a rough year x

6. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

I have 5 cats - all tonkinese. Three of them I refer to as the stripey trouser brigade as they are all tabby tonks. Brother and sister Ed and Darcy are the eldest at 7, and their nephew CK is 5.

This is the tabby tonks, Darcy, Ck and Ted.
    9F52600C-BDA8-42E6-9A80-BE2E25956847.jpeg

my other two I refer to as the breakfast club, they are both colourpoint tonks and they are called Jammy and Waffles. Jammy is 2 years old and Waffles is 1.

Jammy is a lilac tonk and waffles is a brown point tonk.

8E37BAE6-2C96-455D-8CB4-3A2B842ED268.jpeg

Sometimes I think I spend all my time just taking pictures of them all, but I do have a real job working for a government department helping to make usable digital services for citizens.

No kids, which might be just as well given all the time I dedicate to the cats!

#6 Psygon, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

In a previous life I was a dyed in the wool dog person ,showing , breeding and judging Afghan Hounds .
    After what felt like a life time of bathing/ grooming and walking hairy muck magnets I thought it would be easier to opt for the simple life of cats........boy was I wrong :eek:.
    Meeko is my 4th cat my first was Buffy who was an impulse purchase from a pet shop ...:oops:......when I went in to collect my weekly raw food order for the last Afghan that we had.

Buffy
    001.jpg
    Then came Puss a stray with a broken leg who kind of "stayed" although she wasn't meant to

Puss
    063.JPG

Next was Bumble a semi feral stray who set up camp in a shed in the garden and eventually wormed his way into the house and spent his last years sleeping on the bed.

Bumble

055.JPG
    Somewhere in the middle of all that I found time to be a wife, mother and grandmother to a horse and a few cats .

Oops I forgot to add my " Nippie Sweetie Meeko.........10 yearold Ragdoll .He has probably been the most challenging of them all but has somehow dug his claws deepest into my soul..............

100_0937.JPG

#7 buffie, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  8. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

I have two.
    Biggles, who I adopted from a shelter in 2017.
    He is about 4.5 now.
    And Jack who was delivered to us by friends about the same time I was thinking of getting a friend for Biggles. He had been found on the street, stuck in a crevice between the building and pavement. He is two now.
    Here are my guys :

Biggles

36F89CAF-DA3B-431A-A307-4CE31D302369.png

Jack

867CF03A-15EB-4A74-8198-F777FC4022A4.png

9. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

I'm a 73 year old dyed in the wool "Cat Lady":rolleyes:

My latest is Bertie (Albert - known to his friends as Bertie) he came to me from the Cats Protection rehoming centre where I volunteer. He'd been in care for a couple of months when I first met him and he made it very clear from the start that he had decided I was going to be his next slave ! He had been living with a family with small children who thought he made a good toy until he decided he'd had enough and started scratching/biting the children - so instead of teaching the children cat manners they got rid of him :( Their loss - my gain !

He's 10 years old and has been with me for 3 years now - he's by far and away the most laid back cat I've ever had the pleasure of sharing my home with; he's quite happy as long as he has a lap when he wants one (and, boy, does he tell me when it's lap time !).

Bertie when he arrived
    23843534105650.jpg

and now in full lap cat mode

DSCN0028.JPG

10. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm a retired lady of leisure and I've had rescue cats all my life. I now have two, Bunty and Toppy, and a dog....oh, and an OH. That's the pecking order in our house. :D We've had Bunty and Toppy for seven years though they didn't come as a pair. Their personalities are like chalk and cheese.

Bunty's just had her 9th birthday (approximately). She was a stray on the streets with kittens before we adopted her and she has always had that slightly wild streak. She is very nervous and has presented me with the biggest challenge of all the cats I've had.. The only person on the planet she likes is me. Everyone else can get off as far as she's concerned. She is very picky with her food and she used to be quite an escape artist. She absolutely adores Toppy and cuddles up with him at every opportunity which isn't always welcome.. There's a sweet, funny side to her which nobody but me really sees which is a shame.

Ginger Toppy is completely the opposite. He's 8 years old, very laid back though he does like his own space and doesn't like too much cuddling or very close contact.. He is an absolute clown and mischief maker. He would sell his soul for food. He came to us six months after Bunty and previously lived in a multi-cat household with someone who couldn't cope with a lot of cats. He is very nosey and follows you around everywhere. He loves tormenting the dog.:rolleyes:

BUNTY
    A BUNTY 1.JPG

TOPPY
    TOPPY.JPG

11. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

I am meant to be a lady of leisure, instead I am gardener, chef, decorator, PA, general dogs body and slave to 4 dogs, now 2 cats, a stray cat, 2 retired ponies plus chickens who will be with us soon IF I can train my youngest terrier.

Libby is 9 yrs old, I rescued her from a farm in dreadful conditions, she is the love of my life. A house cat who keeps all surfaces warm and clutter free, she loves everybody.

A99929CD-9A29-48B9-AF64-84CC5C462BB2.jpeg

Lottie is 5 yrs old, she was found dumped on a country lane. She is a tiny girl but a natural born hunter and controls all the vermin in Lincolnshire. She thinks she is a dog. Food is fuel, heating is for wimps. She can sort out all 4 dogs a breeze. No one messes with Lottie. The only person Lottie loves is me

D6A7FDE2-B2E6-400D-B213-05419639E514.jpeg

12. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

I am most definitely not a lady of leisure and am most envious of all those who are, or who are retired. I do only work three days a week now though and luckily hubby works from home, so our beloved Oscar gets a heap of attention.

I've never had a pet before (except a goldfish), nothing that's relied on me except husband. Husband had a cat as a child and has always wanted another. In Feb 2018 we had a home check (are you sure you only want one cat, said the lady, oh yes, said we...thank goodness!) and then went to look at rescue cats in the March. We went with the intention of a female cat about 5 years old...and husband literally fell in love at first sight with Oscar, who is a boy cat aged 11 (then). We have properly been through the mill with him, all starting just around this time last year. It has certainly been a baptism of fire of cat ownership! He finally was diagnosed with lymphocytic cholangitis, focal HCM and high BP. He's not been cheap, that's for sure (hence being glad we only adopted one cat).

He is the love of my life. I never knew you could love a cat as much as I love him. I know we most likely won't have him for years and years with all his problems...I'm not sure I can do it again but then I think of all the older cats who need a nice retirement. I'm not sure any of them will fill such a space in my heart as Prince Oscar Woo has, though.

IMG_0009.JPG

13. Chaddycat

Love to hear everyone's stories x

slw and lymorelynn like this.
  14. MissyfromMice

MissyfromMice PetForums VIP

I am from Belgium and I live in the village of Mice. I work for the Belgian Refugee Board.

I've had 4 cats over the years.

Eefje - adopted as a kitten, when I was a student. She was 3 when she passed.

[​IMG]

Lotje - adopted at 7 months (Love of my life)

[​IMG]

Lotje got pregnant (shame on me !) and had 4 babies

[​IMG]

I kept one of the babies, Ciske

[​IMG]

Ciske passed when she was 10 and Lotje was almost 21.

[​IMG]

Currently, I have one cat, Missy.
    She came to me through a coworker when she was 8 weeks old (born to a feral mum and a stray dad) and she's actually 4 years and 11 months.

[​IMG]

15. Chaddycat

Oh my lord Lotje looks part tiger!

16. Marg.

Marg. PetForums Senior

I am in my mid 70's, married to Len for 50 years next month, we have always had dogs, German Shephards, my last she was Kiera, she was a wonderful girl, we lost her just over 5 years ago, we both said "no more pets" I lasted 3 years, then just felt something big was missing, so we got a rescue cat from the RSPCA, she was a beautiful cat, long furred blue with amber eyes, she lived upstairs from the day we brought her home until she came down stairs during the evening & went out for the first time, we never saw her again, we did all the usual things , contacted vets, put posters up, all to no avail, some time later we got Lola, a 9 week old tortoiseshell monkey, I love her to bits but she does not like my OH, she is a lovely little girl, very good, loves her food, life is now worth living again.

ewelsh, Psygon, Charity and 1 other person like this.
  17. Chaddycat

Sorry to hear she went missing:(

I have a question... what is the secret to 50 years marriage!?

Marg. likes this.
  18. Marg.

Marg. PetForums Senior

19. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

What beautiful cats you all have:Cat

I've had several cats over the years. Cali a ginger boy and Ser a Siamese who are long at the bridge. Then I had dogs for many years and also Fancy Rats. When I lost my last rat I decided to get a cat again. Ended up with two Brothers
    IMG_3807.JPG This is Timothy

IMG_4567.JPG And brother Piper
    When they were 5 I decided it might be a good idea to get another cat so when I did loose one the other wouldn't be alone. So enter Spice who is 3 now
    IMG_4179.JPG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice