Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teething !!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lyndon, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Lyndon

Lyndon PetForums Newbie

Hi all my beautiful little girl is growing up ..she's 5 months old now and starting to teeth ..she's a border collie..any advice or help for us during this time ..she's a little loose and off her food abit and quieter than normal ..she's normally a crazy thing running about and full of life but she's a little quiet understandably I'm sure ..her gums must be hurting ..any advice from anyone whose been through this or going through it at the mo ? I do feel for her it's like when my 2 children were teething...

RichardG likes this.
  2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Frozen whole carrots to gnaw on help some.

3. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums VIP

Tie a knot in an old tea towel or something similar then wet it and freeze it, our mastiff used to gnaw on that like a good un when she was teething.

Happy Paws2 and JoanneF like this.
  4. RichardG

RichardG PetForums Junior

Hi Lyndon,
    My Ovcharka puppy lost two teeth this week. And off His food a bit too. We have been liquidising some of His food to help Him get it down, but in the same boat as you. He's been bouncy today but last few days very quiet. Don't know if there's any liquid could be rubbed on the gums how we Humans have?

5. Lyndon

Lyndon PetForums Newbie

Hi there I know it's a horrible time for them..today she's back to normal but still abit off her food poor little things..

RichardG likes this.
  6. Lyndon

Lyndon PetForums Newbie

Thanks for that I'll give it a go .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice