Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teething

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by jo-pop, Jan 16, 2012.

1. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Thomas is getting his new canine teeth (if that's what you can call them in cats) His mouth looks like a shark. I'm surprised how quickly they have come on in the last 2 or 3 days. There is no redness or infection I can see but I am noticing he has lost a little bit of condition. Only a really little bit, most would hardly notice. Is there anything I can do to help him with this? Any tips to ease it for him? He has chew toys and was going to give him a chicken wing tomorrow night for first time. Is that likely to bother his tummy though?

#1 jo-pop, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

my boys are teething too! they are 21 weeks this friday, the top canine teeth are coming through before the baby ones have gone which looks odd! but hoping the baby ones fall out soon!
    Chicken wing should be ok, just watch him with the bones as his teeth are loose, one of my boys, Lightning, knocked out 4 baby teeth by chomping on a bone, they are growing nicely now but he still looks odd when hes eating and takes a lot longer
    give him something wooly, its meant to sooth the teething pains, mine enjoy fluffy socks lol :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice