UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George is booked in to be nocked out and his teeth properly looked at, they are also going to re flush his tear duct and probably take a skull x-rays.

for a few weeks now ive noticed he was a little wet round his mouth and the vets confirmed it must be his teeth because his front legs are damp/over groomed where hes been over cleaning.

They couldnt give me an idea on price because they havent seen the full extent of his mouth yet. so I would just really like to know how much you guys have had to pay for dentals? and how long the recovery is likely to be? how often you have to go? how can you tell when its time again? :confused:

He has a great diet plenty of hay, lots of twigs willow balls etc, low amount of pellets and plenty of green veg.

I still wouldnt swap George for the world he is such a teddy I love him to bits and I know my vets will do the best for him, I rescued him knowing this might happen as he had the blocked duct and obviously wasnt a pure breed. (I just wish people would stop breeding any old rabbit :mad:)

many thanks guys (i know how busy the forums got so your replys are really valued) xxx

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Rosie has her teeth filed once a month, they only sedate her to lower the anaesthetic risk. They did try doing it with her awake but she wouldn't have any of it so has to be sedated (just lightly gassed but easy to wake when filing is done as in the second the gas is turned off she's awake). It costs me £65 each time its done, that includes a check up a few days before staying in for the day to be filed to check if they need doing or not.

As for knowing when they need to be done, it just by watching behaviour and looking for first signs. Rosie stops eating when hers need doing and she goes quieter than normal. Your vet may want to see George regularly to keep a check on his teeth usually a monthly - 6 weekly check.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Kammie! he must be about a year old so i'm hoping he wont need to go back every month :( really looking forward to getting tuesday over with now so i know where everything stands and hoping he makes a quick recovery :( looks like i wont be getting rabbit number 3 tho :(

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Georges teeth are fine!!!!! :D i'm so over the moon!!!!!!!!

:D they've had a good look at them and xrays and there fine and the roots!

the dribbling must just be a dirty bunny thing LOL

I cant believe how happy I am :lol:

will have to seriously consider bunny number 3 now :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.