UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since starting on RAW a good few months ago I have noticed how much cleaner the boys teeth are!
However Gemmas teeth have tartar build up on them even though they all eat the same bones...

For example-
Flints teeth, will be 4 years old in a couple days

Simba teeth, will be 3 in March

& Gemmas teeth, who has only just turned 2

Why are her teeth so much dirtier than the boys?? :eek:

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Diz seems to get that at the top of her canines, none of the other raw fed dogs I know of seem to, must be her 'chewing technique' - even the occasional pig's trotter/beef rib won't shift it :confused:

Will be interested in the replies :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't know the answer, but I think your dogs have beautiful teeth.

Maybe they're like people. Some get more build up than others (think it might be to do with the saliva).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Both mine forever get tartar build up on their top canines despite being on raw for over 2 years and having plenty of meaty bones and stuff to have a good munch on, makes me feel like i'm doing something wrong lol everyone always comments on how raw makes teeth all pearly white.
At least with Charlie she will let me scrape it off but can't get anywhere near Tammy's teeth so her top canines have pretty bad build up :( the rest of her teeth are all fine though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.