Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teenage Rebellion?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Hammystar, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Hammystar

Hammystar PetForums Junior

Jinxy is now 15 months old which must put him in his teens. Up until now he has been very attached to me and if he went out he'd always come and check in with me every couple of hours and always stayed inside overnight. This has been slipping a little recently but in the last 24 hours he has barely been in at all. He has been in four times (22:00, 05:30, 13:30 and 18:30) for a cumulative total of about 30 minutes; he has literally eaten then go back out again. At 18:30. I tried to keep him in for a while but he was not having it and yowled to go out so much I gave in and unlocked the cat flap. I haven't seen him since despite going round the neighbourhood calling for him (at almost 1am I'm sure my neighbours were not very impressed).

I don't want to force him to be with me but I miss him and worry about him when he's out all night. I wonder if it's the weather, a phase he's going through or whether he has just found someone he wants to be with more than me. The latter thought breaks my heart. I just want my boy back.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful.

HS xx

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice