Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teen bitten by snake during gang attack

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nicci, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Nicci

Nicci Guest

A teenager has been bitten on the hand by a snake while attacked by a gang armed with reptiles.

The group was apparently carrying several snakes and forced one of them to sink its fangs into the 14-year-old, who was pinned against the wall by his attackers in Bradley Stoke on Saturday.

Ambulance staff "consulted Google" and Bristol Zoo experts following the attack by the group who were "brandishing snakes", the ambulance service said.

Incident support officer Michael Howells who was at the scene said: "In order to try and identify the type of snake I Googled 'snakes' on my mobile to show the patient.

"He was reasonably sure he could identify the type, so I sent the image to our control room."

Duty control manager Oliver Tovey added: "We contacted Bristol Zoo to talk to their snake expert. What we described they indicated was probably a type of python - so not venomous."

The teenager, who was left with two puncture wounds, was taken to hospital for precautionary checks after being attended to by paramedics.

Mr Howells added: "Although the patient was suffering breathing difficulties after the attack, this was probably due to panic rather than a reaction to the bite - I would probably be panicky if that happened to me."

Link Teen bitten by snake during gang attack - Yahoo! News UK

Whatever is the world coming to, they don't only arm themselves with guns, knives and and the like now, they are using snakes :( :mad:

What do you all think ?

2. PsyKoViggy

PsyKoViggy PetForums Member

Because this is England, they can't use guns, and knives arn't nearly threatening enough. So they use dogs and snakes.

More bad press for large snakes, after that rediculous Wilbur thing. I'm starting to get a bit worried.

Are Pythons going to be the next Pit Bull?

Sad for the teenager, more for the scare they had than the bite.. supose they might be left with a bit of a scar but nothing serious.
    Sadder news for responcible reptile keepers and their much loved pets who will now come under more attack from people with no knowledge of snakes.

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

when i read your post i thought it was a joke!!!!!! o m g what is the world coming too!! Im totally gobsmaked , is this gonna be the new thing now, i can imagine people with snakes round their necks hanging out with their gangs now, oh dear oh dear. Mind you i love snakes so it wouldnt frighten me ;)

4. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

:eek:hmy: Well on the bright side ,:rolleyes: at least they arent training dogs to bite :mad:, and then the poor dogs are pts. :mad:

#4 hobo99, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

WTF? Snakes? I've heard it all now :rolleyes:

6. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

OMG, what will they use next? I do feel sorry for the people that own snakes and things, I bet there will be loads of bad press about them now, and we all know how it affects the publics opinions on things. If they ever came up to me threatening me with a snake they'd have a shock, I LOVE them, and know some people with huge one's, so I don't think I'd be very worried!! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice