Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teddy opened window and escaped...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MySugar, Aug 6, 2009.

1. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I could not believe it! I came home from a 3 hour walk with my son and the kitchen window had been opened and Teddy was gone :( I was frantic with worry and searched for him, calling and shaking biscuits. But I had to go because my car was booked in for MOT.
    I was so anxious because he has only been here for a week, is not yet micro chipped and did not yet have a collar. Also he has seemed really depressed and like he is not settling in very well. I thought he would relish the freedom and not come home. When I came back later on, to my delight he was waiting for us!! :D Clever Teddy!!
    He now has a quick release collar on with name and number and the windows are locked.
    BUT my question is...he went and came back even though it has only been a week. Do I stick to three weeks and keep him in for another two? Or let him out now, as he came back? I'm in a dilema, could have been a one off. Maybe would not be so lucky next time? Oh, i'm so confused!

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Well Done Teddy !! :D to be honest now .. after what you have been through i'd say go for it let him out !! but hey thats me :D Good Luck if you do ! i'm sure now he will be fine ! x

3. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

mine got out a wek after we moved and found his way home no prolems, keep an eyeout when he goes but i would go for it.

xx

4. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you both :)

Yes, very clever Teddy! He tried the window again last night but i'd locked it. When I got up the arm that holds the window closed was up, he is no dope that's for sure.
    He has been in and out all day, so far so good. But I do not have a cat flap yet as Pepper can't go out yet. So having to let him in and out. But he is happier, still not very affectionate but think that is just him :( He is so beautifull I just want to cuddle him like I do Pepper who loves attention. But Teddy is a bit of a loner.

5. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Cool ! :D End all your problems get a Cat Flap fitted :D they are a life saver :thumbup: x

6. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i too say let him out now. you mite aswell, and tbh i feel that the only reason a cat would not come home to a loving environment is to be stubborn. if i was a cat and wasnt allowed out id stay out and come home the next day jst to say ha ha ha lol.

he obviously likes your home despite wat you originally thought, or the totty isnt that good round yours he he

7. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I will be gwtting one fitted once Pepper can go out :)

He does go out now, he has been in and out all day, just loves it outside!
    Although now he is curled up sleeping next to me :D

As far as I know the cats next door are both boys, so yeah, no good totty. Lol

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

ha ha. that is good he sounds so much happier now. has he changed with pepper?

9. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Yes, he seems happier. Things have improved with Pepper :) She smells him whenever he comes in and he just lets her get on with it. As he was out most of the day, she didn't get a chance to stalk and pounce on him. Lol.
    And now they are both sleepy. Pepper is on me and Teddy is beside me. It's sooo lovely :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice