Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teddy and Joey had a big fight this morning...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by crofty, May 10, 2010.

1. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

:( I was putting the washing out before work early so let Teddy out in the the garden with me, the others were in the garage with the door open but they were in the pen. I carried Teddy out because he was the other side, and checked the door on the pen was closed as i went.

Teddy managed to pull up the latch and open the pen door anyway i heard all this comotion and he had gone in and of course Joey obviously had gone straight for him! I grabbed Teddy quickly but there was fur everywhere. Teddy has a superficial little graze on his ear i checked them all over thoroughly and theres no other injuries which is amazing considering the amount of fur everywhere, which seemed to be just Joey and Teddys.

Teddy seems very upset now, he's been very quiet, ive given him treats and he's eaten all his food, poo'd and wee'd but i feel just awful

Am i being selfish keeping him hoping i will get the time to bond them properly? I feel so stressed about it, we've done the bungalow up and Steves really stressed at work and doesnt want the bunnies to come inside, dont want to put anymore strain on our relaitonship with everything we are coping with at the moment and im working so much and worried about mum... Teddy always wants to be near the others, even though Joey is so mean to him through the bars, im sure hes lonely.

I just feel so stuck at the moment. :frown:

2. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Aww Poor Teddy. I don't think you are being selfish waiting for time to bond them. At the end of the day - Teddy's previous life was not very good and what you have offered him is 100% better. He's got a lovely place to live in - he gets to run about in that massive garden and he is fed and watered. He must be happy and he'll be even happier when they are all bonded. Don't worry about not having the time to bond them right now - it'll happen.

3. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I think he's fine as he is at the moment, you have given him a great home, lots of space and time. He can see the others so he's not totally lonely and I'm sure you will get the time to bond them soon :)

Its amazing when you see they are not hurt when you see all that fur, I couldnt believe it when the 5 got together that time(before I even considered bonding them!)

*Heidi*

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

just wait til the right time when things in your life have calmed down, if anyone can bond them you can! but you could also consider letting an experienced rescue centre have them for the week. It took me 6 months to finally bond my 2 and it was so laughable easy in the end

5. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

If i had the time and somewhere to do it i would, as for a rescue there isnt any experienced bonders near me :( thats my problem really.

6. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

I don't think your being at all selfish, Teddy has such a wonderful life now, especially compared to where he was before.

I'm sure you'll find the time to bond them eventually :)

7. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

Oh hun...*hugs* - don't feel bad, accidents happen and from what I gather you've given Teddy a great home compared to his previous life (sorry, i don't know the full story on this one, just reading other forum comments - if you want to fill me in go ahead :)) As long as no-one got hurt then move on from it; these things do happen unfortunately. I remember Rags came nose to nose with Ben (my choc lab) once - she was in the house with me and he managed to open the kitchen door whilst my back was turned for just a sec and ran straight up to her growling - she was petrified but luckily once he'd realised it was Rags and not a strange rabbit he backed off. I still felt awful though as she was so scared and so helpless against him :(!

As for bonding.....from what I gather you certainly know your stuff and it will happen when you have the time to devote to it; chin up sweetie :)

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

aww thankyou, yes this is how i ended up with Teddy... http://www.petforums.co.uk/rabbits/72407-just-me.html

9. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

Ahh i see - i just read back through the history - he looks like 8 million times happier and more alert now than those pics that are on the thread - you've obviously done him a world of good!! This is going to sound really stupid of me though (and a slight change of subject); when i bought Rags P@H sold her as a dwarf lop, but having read more about different breeds and face types i'm beginning to wonder if she isn't really another breed.....am going to make a separate thread about it after i upload some good pics of her so i can get everyone's opinions!

Hope Teddy's perked up now :D a good feast of leaves usually does the trick!

10. Stufi

Stufi PetForums Junior

I think you have done great from what I have read. I wouldn't feel guilty at all. When you get the time to bond them properly then it will cause less stress all round and hopefully be easier.

We had the same issue with ours but it is worth it in the long run:thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice