Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Team Clown's Race Reports.

Discussion in 'Working & Sports Dogs' started by SLB, Oct 2, 2016.

1. BlueJay

BlueJay Pee on it and walk away

Almost certainly... Somehow

Amelia66, MiffyMoo and SLB like this.
  2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

upload_2016-11-1_8-56-25.png

One of the Solpants. And yes, that is a pond!

Muttly, Shikoku and MiffyMoo like this.
  3. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

That's a fabulous shot! One for a frame maybe

SLB likes this.
  4. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

If I framed all the photos people said "One for a frame" then I'd have no walls Haha! I do have 2 photos I definitely want on canvas though of the dogs running, a friend merged them for me so it looks like I'm scootering beside OH running and all 3 dogs are in it.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  5. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Ooh, post that on here, it sounds great

SLB likes this.
  6. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

aimeeMerge2.jpg

Leanne77, Shikoku and MiffyMoo like this.
  7. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

8. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

A few more - there were lots of cameras around.

Solhill1.jpg soljump.jpg Soljump2.jpg

Geolgrad, Shikoku and MiffyMoo like this.
  9. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

I love the 2nd photo, he's just so happy! Gwen's face is a picture though, she's definitely not approving of all that bouncing around (probably thought she'd get away from it for a day as she had somehow managed to ditch her brothers :D)

10. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Oh she told him off a fair bit whilst we were waiting. They don't actually get on outside the house; Gwen likes to do lurchery bites and chasing and Sol tells her to F off a lot Haha!

MiffyMoo likes this.
  11. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

What a fab weekend! I wasn't really excited for it, if I'm honest, but personal reasons aside; Fab! We raced at Canicross Midlands 2nd race event at Cliff Lakes.

We arrived on the Friday afternoon but had to wait for my ever wonderful Mother in Law to bring the caravan down (must get towing lessons). Once that arrived, we didn't have chance to walk the course as it was dark. After getting settled in, @BlueJay, myself and @Geoglad sat down to eat cake and play the board games. I did take a laptop and Erin brought DVD's but no disc drive to play them. And then no internet to watch Netflix - we don't do well at this camping/caravanning stuff!

Saturday morning, alarm went off an hour late due to a stupid snooze button! But managed to get the dogs sorted, ourselves sorted and everything went smoothly. The course was rather flat, despite the one small vertical hill and the seemingly never ending steep one, of which, the drop the other side was the same. And then another long uphill and downhill the other side. But the rest of it was flat and fast.

The course was lovely, the venue beautiful and the staff there were so accommodating. But I was just not feeling it. But as above - this wasn't in relation to the event, organisers or anyone there.

However, my lack of enthusiasm did not affect my dogs in the slightest. The boys came away with a 1st place on Saturday with a time of 11:37. For a course none of us knew or had walked - that was amazing!

They pulled it out of the bag again today for me. This time we were seeded a bit more to their liking, they could see people in front and could hear people behind and they ran their hearts out for me! Though they did want to do a massively dangerous overtake on the really steep downhill section.

*The finish line was exciting today. Had Someone on my left on 2 dog scooter and then someone behind us on 1 dog bike. After the right turn and on the home stretch my boys were neck and neck with scooter guy's about 2ft apart. Lou looked over Sol and all I could think was "don't you dare push him over so you can say hello!" And just as I was about to convey those thoughts into words and mere feet away; Her with Stan comes zooming into the gap and over the line. My boys had no clue as to what had just happened but it got Lou focused enough to cross the finish without needing to say hello to Buzz!

Team Jellybean had a good couple of days racing. Well... If you ignore @BlueJay using her face as a brake when she hit something in a puddle! She has come away with a scrape down her face, her chin, wounds on her hip and side and a rather gross looking graze on her upper lip that makes her look a tiny bit like Hitler! [​IMG] Gwen was unhurt! Hats off to BlueJay who ran again today despite getting injuries on Saturday!

My boys did todays run in 11:10. We came 1st over both days and 1st place over the weekend, earning them a rather lovely gold Canicross Midlands medal! Big thanks to CSJ for the No Ake prize too; Jack will appreciate that!

Too many thank you's to mention but those who helped us in some way or another; big thank you for that. And also to Canicross Midlands and Cliff Lakes for the venue and racing!

But my biggest thanks has to go to my two boys! Their faces from the start to the finish are why we do this. They love it and they run their hearts out for me every time! They did as they were told over the weekend and listened brilliantly.

[​IMG]

*Names taken out as I know them but you guys won't.

#31 SLB, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Shikoku, MiffyMoo and Geolgrad like this.
  12. Geolgrad

Geolgrad PetForums Senior

Amazing results!
    Gutted we couldn't do Sunday but we had a fab time anyway. Looking forward to next one.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  13. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

And here's a video - not of mine, but of another scooter competitor who set the fastest time on the course (as always).

Geolgrad likes this.
  14. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Cliff Lakes.jpg

Geolgrad, Muttly and MiffyMoo like this.
  15. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Todays race weekend saw us on home turf. I was rather worried about this one as the dogs have done the routes to death. It was also a different organisation, so different set of rules. I've never neck lined my boys but I had too this weekend. That made me nervous too as they've never trained necklined.

But it all went without a hitch. They ran well, not great, but they were running 2 minute intervals which meant the team in front were gone before we even had chance to line out. So the boys must have just thought it was a training run. Good times though 11:41 yesterday and 12:15 today. Todays race was sticky. A lot of rain last night followed by the trail being churned up.

They did fab though. Considering we were up against "eurohounds" and "Scandinavian hounds" purpose bred for speed. As well as husky teams, one of whom we have trained with and they have kept up well in the past and one GSD team! My boys have never looked so out of place.

We came 3rd over both days and overall.

@Geolgrad gave Team FP's a rest this weekend and ran Pen for me on the Saturday. They did well considering Pen's never ran with her and Pen weighs double Hera & Nyx combined! Their time was 26:29.

Anyway here's Saturday's photos. And the boys posing with their 3rd place medal and Pen with the competitors medal.

UCSCboys.jpg UCSCPen.jpg
    boysmedal.jpg Penmedal.jpg

Geolgrad and MiffyMoo like this.
  16. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Geolgrad likes this.
  17. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

18. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice