Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teaching cats tricks

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Staysee, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Or to do things.

I know some cats, like our jenson will play fetch

But dad has recently teached his brother lewis this cute little thing.

Everyday lewis gets a bit of cheese [too get him inside while dad feeds the birds] and its always in the windowsill in the livingroom. Now what we do is put the treats or cheese down on the sill, keeping a hand over it and say "give me a kiss" or "give us a kiss" and he will lick your face, or rub against your face when you say it, i've tried saying other things like "want the treats?" or "rub my face" but nothing, he only responds to 'kiss' its so cute!!!!

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Have you tried clicker training ,Ibought a clicker from pet shop for my kitten as I had been told ragdolls are v, trainable(Iam sure this applies to all cats)Its great fun and the cats seem to love it(or at least the treats they get)

3. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I taught Scamp "go to bed" and he runs upstairs to our room,it's so sweet to find him on the bed(where my pillow is) I'm sure there are other things but my brains not coming up with them at the moment:D

4. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

What age can you start training cats from?

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Dont think there is a start age , Meeko has been clicker training for about six weeks now(hes 19wks now)He seems to enjoy the fact that he gets treats for doing simple things like sit,come ect.Iam sure Walter will love it too,being a super cool dude.:thumbup:

6. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

think some cats may do it for fun, cos jenson has always played fetch with us....we never trained him

7. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Dorrie plays dead and when I shake her treat tube she sits there waiting, swishing her tail from side to side.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice