Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

teaching assistant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, Jul 13, 2009.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Hi everyone, just me again.

Ive been seriously thinking for a while that i would fit in and very much enjoy been a teaching assistant for primary stages.

truth be told.....i actually dont have a clue where to start!

do i need to go to college (im sure i do)
    what do i actually need to do at college?
    how can i find these things out??

help?

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Go for it, personally I could not be around that many kids :eek: but all hail those that can do it, its a worthy job to do :D

4. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Thanks, i love kids, i love been around my 2 autistic nephews even though they are a handfull lol keeps me fit :eek:ut:

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Then maybe think about being an assistant in a special school, as sad as it is to say not enough people go down that route. We have a playground/day respite place close by for special needs children and they absolutly love it. The smiles on their faces while they are there makes me well up at times

6. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Thats a good idea, i just need to look into this more and find out all that i can :)

7. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

My sister is a teaching assistant & loves it. She stopped work after having her second child, spent some years as a childminder, then got a job as a teaching assistant at a primary school. It's not always an easy job 'cos some of the kids are difficult. She's really had her eyes opened to the difficult background & lack of support some of the children get, and has some aged 8 & over that still can't read. :( She does find it very rewarding though. She hasn't got any relevant quals for it, but is going to go for an NVQ - think she said they are moving that way. If you want to ask her anything from first hand experience, message me & I can ask her or get her to email you or something. Good luck :)

8. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Thanks every so much, i will see what i can find out here, i was thinking of popping into my nephews school and seeing about it, even if i volenteer its a foot into the door isnt it. I will let you know what i find out :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice