Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Teaching a Retrieve: A Thread to Add to.....

Discussion in 'Gundogs & Gundog Training' started by Sleeping_Lion, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Ok, I met up with a lovely lady from PF with her GR girl, Maisie, who isn't at all retrieve driven, more situation driven. Having had two halfies, ie half show, half an awful lot of something else, I thought it might be useful to have a thread that is based on what works for people with different dogs.

Indie will retrieve all day long, and has been like that since a pup. Tau never had a natural retrieve, and this has been built up by building value into the retrieve. As (hopefully) Irena will testify, Tau will, without much recent training, switch into gear quite nicely, and perform memory and blind retrieves as well as a nice bit of heelwork, all based on heelwork and retrieves using her lead handle for the main part.

So, please share, woes, ways forward, I think this could be a good thread to swap ideas.......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice