Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harleigh, Jul 11, 2009.

1. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

Anyone here with one on your foot?
    If so how much did it hurt and what does it feel like when you're getting it done?
    Most appreciative!
    Em xxx

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I havnt but know a few people that have, they said it hurt slighty more then a normal tattoo But then ive been told wrists hurt alot but mine didnt hurt at all!
    they werent anymore exspensive then other tattoos it depends on size and colours i think rather then body part :)

3. ellie_w

ellie_w PetForums Member

I have tattoo's on both of my feet :D and going up around my ankle :D

They didn't really hurt at all - just felt like mild electric shocks on the more sensitive bits but my tattooist said that i must have a really high pain threshold as most people found it quite painful especially around the ankle bone

4. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

I'm hoping to have one on my foot in a couple of weeks, a friend has had one and she said it hurt! The only other one i've had is on my back, but only a small one! There's not much padding on foot. :)

5. harleigh

Thank you guys. I'm not going near my ankle so thats good. Someone at work said it was like a sharp scratch so there was me sat trying to scratch my foot for comparison! Lol. I think my pain threshold it quite good e.g. I've seen people cry who had there tragus pierced yet I was fine.
    Tuesday will be D day so I'll let you know....not that anyone is probably interested lol

6. ellie_w

ellie_w PetForums Member

good luck :D

and i forgot to say that for a couple of days afterwards my foot would swell quite a bit :eek: i did a 12 hour shift at work the night after my first sitting and i couldn't get my shoe on properly :rolleyes:

7. harleigh

:cryin: i must be :eek:ut:

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Have you had any before??

all i can say is it feels like a warm stratch thats it!

9. fwj01

fwj01 PetForums Junior

I have paws on my foot... Its a tiny pin puncturing your skin.... so it's bound to hurt a bit. You get a bit of a weird vibrating sensation in some places on your feet, but it's not bad :p

It was the painless healing process of all the tatts i have tbh.

If you choose your design with care it's worth the pain :thumbup:

10. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Can i see a pic please?? I really love the idea of paw prints going across my foot like a little animal has ran across it with dirty paws lol!

11. harleigh

This will be me first and only tattoo and of course people are telling me horrow stories so just trying to get some idea. Thank you I think warm scratch is bearable

12. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Yeah i had the same Ive had my tattoo's for 3 weeks now i got two done straight after each other on my wrists so they arent that bad at all. I thought they would be so painful!

I saw my sister get one yrs ago and she cried, now i realise she was a wuss :p i had everyone say how much they hurt but really it doesnt, i think a cat stratch is much worse they only thing thats a bugger is they itch when they are healing but you cant stratch them :rolleyes: so have to put up with a itchy feeling!

Get some savlon for when its starting to heal and bepanthen for after it stops the itch and keeps the skin fromk getting dry. :D

13. harleigh

Funnily enough suffered a bad cat scratch or rarther puncture today...arm is a tad swollen and hurts. But suffered many scratches from my lot even on my feet too. Got lots of savlon in anyways...ive heard i'll have to put cling film on it??:confused:

14. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

My cousin has just had her 2 dog names done on her foot...she said it didnt hurt...

15. harleigh

Thank you...I'm really liking this reassurance :)

16. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

yeah you can do, i covered mine with kitchen roll and taped it mainly because it bled quite abit on one, i kept it on for about 4hrs then took it off over night so the bad could get to it, it just felt bruised after

I think you build yourself up to think its really going to hurt but when it actually happens you think huh whats all the fuss about

Ask them to do a dry run when they put a clean dry needle over your skin and see how it feels its very good at letting you know if you can handle it

what are you havin done??

17. harleigh

Im having this but only from the top and stopping after the fourth star. Having the stars different colours..1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 lilac and one pink each representing one of my grandparents :)

Attached Files:

18. ellie_w

ellie_w PetForums Member

I used bepanthen cream on my tattoo's (its a nappy rash/skin healing cream) i tried savlon after my first sitting but had a reaction to it

I also kept them covered with clingfilm for the first couple of days - saves clothes and bedsheets from getting messy and it wont stick to the tattooed area so it isn't painful to remove

19. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

I've got one on my foot and it was the least painful out of them all!!
    So I say go for it!!
    Worst was lower back or chest aaargh.

+ They do put cling film on it with abit of cream but thats just for the way home, it looks like meat when its like that :p
    I always take my stuff on as soon as I get home so I can wash them, and put cream on them, also to let them have a bit of air..

#19 jlushh, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  20. harleigh

Ok...so I get this right...they'll send me of with it wrapped and once home i should clean it with? And then do what with it? Lol
    And how should I treat it for the next few days?
    And how long before it can just be my foot again?
    Lol
    Thank you all xxxx:crazy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice