Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tarantula's

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by DP21, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

1 on 1?... oh I say.... flutters eyelashes... I'm a married woman and probably have surgical stockings older than you....

It's the roaches I can't get my head around... why?????????

2. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

lol ahhh cant blame a man for trying :001_tt1: :p

The roaches, there not that bad to be fair, they're the live food for the animals, they hold such hich nutritional values. Just the one roach holds enough nutrition 17x the next best feeder which are crickets. 1 roach is equivilent to 17 cricks, which is a HUGE diffrence :), plus they look, so much brighter after a moult, and there more energised. Although saying that, every person who has bought roaches of me for livefood, iv always warned them that these are easy to become attached to. They dont smell, they are amazing when it comes to recycling, there not a pest, and would be impossible for them to establish in UK temps, and the best feeder for nutrition :).

3. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Your spiders are beautiful, I like the salem ornamental, Haitian brown, and earth tiger especially. :001_tt1:

Must admit I'm a fan of roaches too - we had some hissing cockroaches at college (on the animal unit not in the rooms!); they were kept in a home made viv thing decked out to look like a kitchen, complete with lino. Fascinating little buggers, I must be wierd cos I find them kinda cute :eek:

4. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

awww thanks, they are good lookers :), it is abit of a shame though, as these pictures, nothing compared to the real deal. Theres more colour to them all, and not to mention the colours are so deep you could get lost in them just staring lol...

Haha yes i have the same problem, i find them cute, and amazing when it comes to birth and protection. The mums will litterally headbutt you after laying her young, as they all wrap around her legs and chill underneath her. Such facinating things, but because i also use them as feeders :)() i have to keep them in a solid coloured container so i cant see them lol....

5. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Oh don't!

A friend and I bred locusts, took us about 4 attempts to get it right. First batch all died. Second lot mated (we cheered them on!), but not succesfully. We were so excited when we managed it and got to watch our tiny babies moult and grow. We held them, hand fed them, admired them (I personally think locusts are one of the most beautiful insects if you take the time to look at them). Then had to watch the poor little buggers get eaten.

One of these days I might finally get round to keeping inverts as pets! Black velvet stick insects and millipedes are top of the list, aftr the spiders of course.

6. malibu

malibu Guest

Ok. I am officially terrified

7. Blackpanther

Blackpanther PetForums Newbie

wow! cool looking spiders, real beauties

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice