Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tarantula's

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by DP21, Jan 29, 2012.

1. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

New here, so sharing a few of my beloved spiders to the world.

Poecilotheria formosa Adult Female (salem ornamental)
    [​IMG]

Brachypelma albopilosum Adult Female (Curly hair)
    [​IMG]

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis Sub Aadult Female (Thai yellow fringed)
    [​IMG]

Pterinochilus murinus RCF Mature Male And Female (Orange Baboon Tarantula/Orange Bitey Thing)
    [​IMG]

Phormictopus cancerides Adult Female (Haitain brown)
    [​IMG]

Nhandu controvilosus Adult Female (White stripped bird eater)
    [​IMG]

Haplopelma longipes Adult Female (Earth Tiger)
    [​IMG]

Lasiodora dificilis shed skin
    [​IMG]

Lasiodora dificilis all fresh and alot bigger (shall be breeding this one)
    [​IMG]

I have alot more but will be here all day so will upload more later :D

Cheers for looking

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Sorry - had to close my eyes while passing your post for approval :eek:

3. swatton42

swatton42 PetForums Senior

That's an impressive crew of tarantula's you got there.

4. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

Do you have trouble finding girlfriends! :eek:

5. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Sorry, I'm not a fan, I like the colour on the first picture though :)

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

They are stunning! What amazing colours - pics 1, 4 & 5 are my faves :D

7. swatton42

I would go out with someone with tarantula's, so there are some spidery girls about. :p

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Gorgeous spiders, how big are they?

9. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

sorry, i normally stay on the dog bits but i;m terrified of spiders and i couldn't help myself. a part from completely freaking myself out and wishing they had come up in little boxes so i could prepare myself for each one, i didn't realise all the colours they can have on them, fascinating but i'm not sure i'll look again

wow wow wow but :eek::eek::eek::eek:

10. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

i went to my first show today and came back with a acanthoscurria geniculata for me and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens for my girl so happy with em :D hope i spelt the names right lol

11. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

and here they are :D

Attached Files:

12. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

Cheers all :D

lol, no i have no issues with finding a girl, even the arachnophobes, who i have met, are no longer suffering from arachnophobia. Infact many of them are now proud owners of a few spiders them selfs. At first site for them, it is a shocker to see 150+ tarantulas in containers all shelved, and further more a huge tub of roaches (300 adult females 150 adult males) and anouther tub of bred roaches (2000+ captive bred roaches), then ontop of that several mums holding egg sacks, and several mums to be (hopefully). So it does come as an overwhelming experience for many, but after abit of educating, and abit of handling, they tend to fall in love with them, and no longer look at the spiders as just a simple "8 legged freak of nature" but apart of there lives, apart of "the family".

Awww no, well ill be sure to keep the picture count down for you :D, so that way you wont have to blind fold your self to give premision for the post :p

13. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

was that "SEAS" by any chance ? lol haha did great with the names :p. Now try saying them :blush:

Very nice, if you get bored with them, let me know :001_tt1:

There awesome spiders, have a couple of each, im hoping for a good result with them on the breeding side. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens are a right nightmare to breed, its not the pairing, its the incubation that comes as a nightmare :crying: Non the less, see how it goes :D

Congrads on the new additions !!! :w00t:

14. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

Poecilotheria formosa (pic1) is approx 7 inch

Brachypelma albopilosum (pic2) is approx 5.5 inch

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis (pic3) is approx 9cm

Pterinochilus murinus RCF Mature Male And Female (pic4) female approx 5.5 inch and the male approx 4 inch

Phormictopus cancerides (pic5) is approx 8 inch

Nhandu controvilosum (pic6) is approx 7 inch

Haplopelma longipes (pic7) is approx 5.5 inch

Lasiodora dificilis shed skin (pic8) is approx 6.5 inch

Lasiodora dificilis freshly shed (pic9) is approx 8 inch

The largest spider i have at pressent is my Lasiodora parhybana (brazilian salmon pink) she is a HUGE 9.5 inch and can grow to a maximum size of 10 inch :wink:

Awww, well its good to see you could take the time to look with the phobia, and to say positive things is HUGE, thankyou for looking. I hope one day your able to over come the arachnophobia, these are very rewarding animals, and easy to care for. Thankyou for looking :w00t:

15. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

thank you :D i cant say them yet ! i think im a little to essex to say them right !

yeah it was SEAS did you go ?

16. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

Faints.............

17. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

lol ahhh to essex is just an excuse lol... Anywho nearly all the time they are not actually said how there spelt. Such as "Haplopelma longipes". It is prounonced as

"Hap-low-pelm-a Lon-gip-pez"

Or

Pterinochilus murinus is prounonced

"Teran-chill-us mur-in-us"

So does come confusing at times :eek:

Noooo i wernt feeling it if im honest, ok...... i admit..... I HAVE MAN FLU but im not dieing so thats something eh lol

lol, ahhh im sure in the situation you would be more concerned to run than faint. But then saying that, 1 on 1 with me and a docile, sweet tarantula, im betting you would be ok, maybe abit upset, and trembling but after a while you should be ok :p

18. swatton42

If I had my way I would have a Mexican Red Knee Tarantula called Sanchez. But I live at home with my Mum who would never enter the house again if I had a spider of any form, and I'm not convinced Max would not try and break into the cage and eat it.

19. DP21

DP21 PetForums Newbie

I got my first when i lived at home, as much as i respect my mums rules, i left her without a choice... I came home one day with a chile rose RCF, took her some time, but she was happy around her. She addopted with the attitude that "as long as she doesnt see it, she is fine with it", then she got curiouse, and started to watch her, then handled her. Not that im advising you to do this lol, but some get success just simply educating the said person/s, or even making a promise that they wont even know the lil guy is there.

Yea we had a dog at the time, my first ever bite was through my dog to lol. I sat on my bed, and then my staffy came running in, didnt harm the tarantula, but did cause her alot of stress, and panic. For the whole 5 seconds it took for me to put her back when this happend, felt like a life time when she was edgeing her fangs in and out. She is still very much alive today and doing great (10 years on). Now we have a cat, cocateil, which both seem very curiouse of the tarantula's.... Cat just sits there for hours watching, and the cocateil, just sits watching to but she has a habbit of moving from enclosure to enclosure ..... Kinda funny to watch :001_tt1:

20. swatton42

Hmm I don't see Max jut watching somehow.

So far we've found him sitting on top of the fish-tank trying to hook the feeding lid open and jumping on to the front porch to get through the window where the guinea pigs are kept.

He will hunt ANYTHING! Feet, hands, hair, clothes, foil, leaves. Last night it was a roll of sellotape.

Little g*t. I'll just have to be happy what I have for a while I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice