UK Pet Forums Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts
lets see if I can find some interesting video's then...

Wanna know how a tarantula moults? This is the best video I've seen on YouTube of a moulting tarantula...

YouTube - Mexican Red Knee Tarantula Molting (Brachypelma Smithi)

Laying an egg sac? This is a long video, but just cut to the 6 minute mark if you just wanna see one of the most rarest species on the planet laying eggs. The guy talking over the video is RobC from America, he is a legend in my eyes!

YouTube - P metallica eggsac experience (must see)
OK...WOW :eek:hmy: The moulting one when it tipped over had me thinking "OMG its going to be able to get up and its going to die" thought it one of those gruesome sick captures that people catch. MEEEEEE feeling sorry for a spider???:confused::(:nonod::blush: but that was great I have to admit.

And so bright at the end.

The second one, yeah I skipped to 5.53 and got that great voice. He was so excited "Awesome" bless him LOL. but yes her colours and to capture the laying was great.:)

Discussion starter · #82 ·
RobC is an inspiration for me! He has hundreds of video's on YouTube.

The colours of a tarantula are at their brightest straight after a moult! Also, if a tarantula loses a leg somehow, it will grow one back on the next moult! The leg wont be as strong as the others, but it gets stronger and stronger with each moult after!

RobC is an inspiration for me! He has hundreds of video's on YouTube.

The colours of a tarantula are at their brightest straight after a moult! Also, if a tarantula loses a leg somehow, it will grow one back on the next moult! The leg wont be as strong as the others, but it gets stronger and stronger with each moult after!
thats amazing!
im not impressed that i want a tarantula now :p

im just wantching the enclosure tutorilas now - they are amazing! he has loads!!!

Discussion starter · #85 ·
haha! he *is* amazing! i've been watching his vids for HOURS now!
love him!

jealous of his kid though :p

when they bit do they just bite and let go or do theyy hold on? have you ever been bitten?

lol

Thats time well spent. I dread to think how many hours I've spent watching his videos....many MANY hours!
haha, if my lecturer ever found out the reason i didnt turn up to the seminar was because i hadnt done teh reading as i got distracted b watching his videos on youtube i dont think he'd have thought it was hours well spent :p

Well I nearly touched a Tarantula :)

They had a petting zoo at the mall of all sorts of animals one being a Tarantula!

Think I grew an 8 inch kneck looking into the tank lol

They asked if anyone would like to hold it :scared: and Ill admit I took off to look at the snakes :eek:

ALMOST.

The one in your signature looks pretty cool. Are they pretty easy to care for?
yeah she's so easy to care i forget she's there sometimes lol she has crickets every couple weeks and thats about it lol

once she's finished eating we check for any remains of anything and pick it out with tweezers, clean the water dish daily, her substrate gets changed every 6-7 months and she hates it...nasty people ruin all her webbing :/ she's top though can be interesting just watching them

81 - 100 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.