Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Talking of Neighbours

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kip, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Kip

Kip PetForums Junior

There is another thread about neighbours but what about this one ...My daughter's neighbour bought a second hand large trampoline, didn't disassemble it but forced it through the space between the two houses. In doing so he broke daughter's aerial dish. It was bent and twisted. Neighbour climbed up a ladder to try to fix it and couldn't so he told them to get an engineer in to fix it and he would pay. They got a local aerial company to come the next day. Daughter and husband and neighbour were at work. Teenage daughter was in. The engineer showed her the damage and said he would have to replace everything at a cost o £270. She paid on her card and the job was done. Son-in-law passed the bill to neighbour who said he wouldn't pay it. He would only pay £90 as the engineer did unnecessary work. He made a nuisance of himself with the Company who sent him a detailed invoice showing what they had done. He then asked to see the dismantled aerial and other things to see if he agreed they needed to be replaced. Company didn't have them. They had gone on a skip and taken away. He is still refusing to pay.

2. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Arggghhh! what an idiot!! I had horrible neighbours before I moved, and we actually had our car keyed a few times by them!! I completly sympathise with your daughter!! It makes you so angry, but what can you do?? most of the time your helpless!! I hope he pays!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice