UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My female came into season on friday. I took her to a stud on saturday (hours drive). She came out of call from travelling (which i heard could happen), she has still not come back into call. How long would it take her to start calling again, is there a chance she might not start again at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. Ive never been on a forum before, youll have to bare with me. This is her 8th call. She went to see a stud on her 3rd call, and 5th call to one stud were she stayed only 3 days. No pregnancy. The owner of this stud cat i believe ripped me off , as i think she wadnt calling during her stay. Anyway this is now her 8th call and a different stud, the owner has informed me that she still is calling again yet. Do you think she will come back in?
About my cat, she is a brown tabby maine coon, registered with tica and active, shes 18 months old. I also own 5 moggies too. 12, 11, 4, and two 18 month old plus my lovely coonie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes she was calling strongly at home. Displaying to all my other cats and trying to mount my daughter lol. The stud boy is a silver tabby mc. Huge and absolutely gorgeous. This is my first time breeding. I cant find alot of info on the net about coming out of call then starting again. Im worried that she may not start up again as its a strange environment for her. Im hoping to get silver and brown tabbies from the litter ( will be kerping a silver boy for myself as a pet )

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
our raggy girl came off call after a 2hr drive to stud.. so we left her for 2 weeks, the stud owner did not notice them mating(understandable)

after a couple of days she came back into call.. then stopped again.. every time the male tried to mount her.. she went for him quite aggressively aparently.

so we brought her home not actually knowing for sure if they had done the deed...

turned out they had as on new years day she had 7 kittens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks. This is the last try with her anyway as not fair on her keep calling and as you say make her ill. I kind of wasnt expecting for her to catch the first time round. Then the 1st stud owner messed me around so she didnt go again till season five, which was on day six, so was not shocked when she wasnt pregnant. I also think she had stopped calling whilst there and wasnt given long enough. I do hope she catches with this new stud. But if not im going to neuter her. Thank you for your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.