Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Taking a dog to the beach (Northumberland)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jobeth, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

I'm taking my dog to the beach for the first time and he loves water. I want to let him paddle in the sea, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea as I'm staying at a cottage and he would need to be clean and dry before he got back.
    Does anyone know if there are any beaches in Northumberland that have showers nearby or is there a better way? Thanks.

2. Sarah41

Sarah41 PetForums Junior

Never seen any showers on the beaches in Northumberland, they are beautiful though. Could you just towel him down? Which beach are you going to?

3. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

Thanks. I'm in the alnwick area, so anywhere near there. Wouldn't he be all smelly and salty though if I just used towel? I've never had to bath him before as he goes to the groomers every 6 weeks and I don't fancy making a mess in the cottage!

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

A good rub down with a dry towel and then a brush before you go back indoors should be fine.
    Make sure you take drinking water for him, if he drinks too much salt water it can be dangerous.

You'll have a great time - My 2 love rolling in the sand at the beach :)

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

If you go to the beach at Newton By the Sea there is a pub you can take him in there afterwards for lunch then he will be dry when you get back :D

6. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

Thanks I will try that.

7. beary_clairey

beary_clairey PetForums VIP

Sounds lovely...but I would like to see some pics!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice