Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Taking a back seat.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jim40, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Jim40

Jim40 PetForums Member

Now that I have lost our little girl I'm taking a bit of a back seat. Can't comment on how our pooches are now but will keep looking as to how everyone else is getting on with their doggies. No more dogs for me. 45 years I can't keep going through the heartache I've endured the last couple of weeks with our Trixie. Hope you are all staying healthy and safe.

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

@Jim40 I hope when you can still post and comment. @Happy Paws2 is a regular member here and I am sure she found some comfort being here; after losing her beloved Dillon and has remained dog less ever since.

margy, tabelmabel, Lurcherlad and 4 others like this.
  3. Jim40

Jim40 PetForums Member

Thank you. I'm not stopping altogether. I'll still be around to read how everyone is doing. Over 45 yrs the house has only been dog-less for a month. This has been a more difficult one as we didn't have a dog to come to.

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Bless you
    Must be extremely hard. I would say it will get easier but that's not going to happen for a longtime

Lurcherlad and Jim40 like this.
  5. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

So sorry for your loss. I lost my last dog nearly 6 years ago and decided not to have another due to.my health.
    it was hard at first and I was glad that I had the cats. People ask if I miss having a dog and I always say I don't miss ha ing a dog but I do miss my Cava. He was my last dog and such an easy dog to live with.
    I come on here and read the dog posts and comment where I can

Jim40, margy and lullabydream like this.
  6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I know how you feel..
    I'm on here nearly everyday as I feel we are a sort of family not just a PF, the support I've had over the year couple of years has been amazing. It would be lovely to have another dog but with our health problems It would be fair to have one then have to rehome him.

Lurcherlad, Jim40, margy and 4 others like this.
  7. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

You need to stick around to see all the jigsaws get completed;)

Jim40, margy and lullabydream like this.
  8. margy

margy PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss, like you we have decided not to have another dog. Work commitments and expense are part of our decision. But I feel part of the pet forum community and enjoy reading about other people's pets. I still take part when I can and hope to carry on as long as I can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice