Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Take your dog to work?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PedigreeUK, Jun 25, 2010.

1. PedigreeUK

PedigreeUK PetForums Member

I read this morning that in America today it's Take Your Dog to Work Day! So I expect that Bo, the First Dog, will be attending meetings with President Obama in the Oval Office. :)

The next UK one isn't for a few months yet, but I was wondering if anyone here had taken part before?

Do you work in a busy office, or somewhere it would be unusual to see a dog? Have you ever taken your dog along with you? Or, would you like to but you're not sure how it would go down with your colleagues...?

Janet

2. tosca

tosca PetForums Member

Don't think Tesco would like it somehow!:(

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I would love to do that, but in all honesty cos it would be such a novelty id get no work done!
    :lol:

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Dont think I could do that, with a car full of drugs Ted would be high as a kite:eek:

5. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

i would love to take part but wouldn't be allowed:( when people have babies at my work they bring them and a few of my dog lover friends at work thought it was unfair i couldn't bring my new addition in:D

however, i work for an insurance company and the office that deals with the pet insurance could bring in their pets to work but not sure if that is still the case - think they had a pet nursery or something:)

6. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

I would (and could) but I dont have a dog (yet!!!) LOL

One of the women at work is going to bring her dog in for me too see, she's brought her in before but that was before I started.

A dog would love my work - My desk is next to a big patio door that goes out onto a massive balcony, theres underfloor heating and its quiet where I sit :D

7. lilacbabe

lilacbabe PetForums Member

Take mydogs to work with me all the time :)-----I am a dog groomer with my own salon LOL so I am a very lucky person:D

Bringing dogs to work day sounds great when exactly is it ??

8. rustybeer

rustybeer PetForums Newbie

I'm really lucky I take our dog Bo to work with me, almost every day she has her bed in the office & gets lots of fuss when people come in. Even off the boss :D

9. bird

bird PetForums VIP

OMG it would be bedlam. :scared: My boys, someone elses 2 collies, anothers 3 mixes and a yorkie, and thats just the admin room. :lol: :lol:

10. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I've got a B&B so my dogs are always at work with me, they do get to meet guests if the guest wants to, I've also had guests bring dogs to stay. I had a problem with Arran as a pup, a couple were trying to pack and had left the bedroom door open, twice I had to go and get Arran as he kept climbing into one of the suitcases :lol:, they said it was okay and they would take him but I declined their kind offer.

Terri

11. moboyd

moboyd PetForums VIP

I take my dogs into work with me, in fact all my jobs for the last 15 years or so I have been able to do this, and to be honest if I couldnt I wouldnt want to work there.

Mo

12. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

The call centre I work in don't allow dogs :( Not even for a short visit.
    To bring in new babies staff have to complete a form and get permission from the head of centre and the risk manager as well as the facilities managment team :confused:
    I dread to think how many forms etc I'd have to fill in to take my dogs in.:rolleyes:

I'd love a job that meant I could take my dogs to work.

13. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

I work for the NHS (in admin so in a office and not near wards) so can not take my dog in with me. I have taken him in on my day off to see work colleagues though. Sometimes the person working in reception does not let you in encase anyone is allergic to dogs (yeah cause there is only three people in my office and it was them who asked if I could bring him in) but I chose a day that the one I know was working as she used to have a springer spaniel so wanted to see Sonny as much as everyone else (she keeps on saying I should bring him in again). One of the secretaries also brings in her little Westie but again just for visits on days off. It would be kaos if I took him all the time though - I would never get any work done. Although he does make a good watch dog - he sits at the door and watches for people coming along the corridor.

14. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Inca goes to work with my mum anyway :lol:

15. PedigreeUK

PedigreeUK PetForums Member

It sounds as though small businesses are able to be more dog-friendly than larger employers.

I have one friend who takes his dog to work - but he's a self-employed tree surgeon, so there's no red tape there! :D

Janet

16. Deb

Deb PetForums Senior

I work on an A&E dept so dont think Cassie would be very welcome. But she might be useful when patients start abusing the staff!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice