Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Take lots of pictures... and back them up!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 1, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I was just having a look through my pics of Roxy my collie x lab I had to re home, and I have only got about 100 of them, give or take a few as I have some doubles and some I have edited.

100 pics. Not nearly enough pics from the year and a half I had her for. I have a handfull of pics of her when she was tiny, I had more but the phone they were on broke and I lost them :(

When my hard drive failed I just about had a heart attack- I told my oh I would be sending it off to retrieve the pics no matter how much it cost because that folder is all I have to remind me of Roxy. Luckily I got them back!

But it just goes to show, how much you take things for granted! I would never have believed anyone had they told me how short a time I would get to spend with her.
    And while I vowed never to let anything happen to put me in that situation again, nobody knows, do they?

So, I have uploaded all my pics onto an online album and am going to make sure I keep taking lots of pics of my pets and things that are important to me now. And I will keep backing them up!

xx

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Mine are backed up in various places including other computers and online albums. You can never be too careful :)

My laptop automatically backs up every day too :)

3. slakey

slakey PetForums VIP

I print them out and make photo albums :)

But I'm considering of getting one of those laptop portable external harddrives, they're so small but can be 250GB!!!

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm going to start printing out pictures too, I just bought some photo paper :D

5. slakey

slakey PetForums VIP

Also videos are good too :)

6. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I agree with you. When woody died i was looking for pics of him and i didnt have that many...even though i know i took some. Of course that was way before digi camera's came out.

Now i keep a back up of everything.

7. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

All my stuffs on an external harddrive.. :D
    Thats one of the things I'd definitley save from a fire!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice