Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tailgating

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dogandbone, Sep 1, 2013.

1. dogandbone

dogandbone PetForums Member

Has to be my biggest pet hate. Why do people do it? Not only is it dangerous but it's flippin' rude.
    I had some idiot behind me this morning trying to park his car in my boot going through a 30 mph zone down a winding road that cuts through the park, it's all wooded and there's a kids' play area at the end of it, so a nasty stretch of road which could pose hidden dangers. Why is it people are in such a hurry, they must be a bag of nerves as well as thick. I just slow down even more to show them I won't be intimidated.

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Put your fog lights on, that usually frightens the **** out of them! ;)

3. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Yup I also hate that. the amount of times it happened when I was learning to drive, usually ended up in tis and stalled :eek:.
    Makes me so angry seeing people tailgating learner drivers. Everyone was a learner driver at some stage :rolleyes:

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I hate that as well, if i was driving a truck I would stop and let them go up my arse...

5. Quinzell

Quinzell PetForums VIP

They drive me bloody mad. I slow down incredibly so they will get the hint, plus if they go in the back of me because they're driving stupid, then at least I won't be killed.

6. Chillicat

Chillicat PetForums VIP

Can totally agree with you I hate tailgaters I do find that sometimes putting the washers on makes them back off I am waiting for the day a convertible attempts to tailgate.

I was driving down our main road that is a 30 limit and a car appeared behind me from nowhere (its a straight road) he was so close I couldn't see the front of the car so I slowed right down and had a lot of hand signals being aimed my way but he soon backed off.

This is the same road where 2 drivers were racing at over 70mph, 1 car clipped the curb, rolled and killed a young girl on her pushbike cycling on the cycle path.It makes me so cross to see intimidating and bad driving when it isn't necessary.

Waterlily likes this.
  7. Marycat

Marycat PetForums Senior

Yes my pet hate too!! And morons who drive stupidly fast in a built up area.. Absolute ******s..

We have got a moron who goes down our lane in his zooped up citreon that Mummy and Daddy brought in. Even worse than the boy racer though is the middle aged ar$ehole in his BMW who drives like a selfish pig and doesn't care if you end up in the hedge.

A lot of people drive like they live their lives, selfishly and without a thought for anyone else!

I am on a RANT now.. !!:D

8. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

I do this as well and it does work. I also slow down and let them get all p*$$ed off - quite funny seeing that! :D

9. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

That's also a silly thing to do.

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I'm confused how fog lights and or washers work? (if washers are windscreen wipers)

11. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

My work van has a tracker on it, and we are told if we've been speeding or not, even by a few mph over the limit, and it picks up on advisory speeds around bends on national speed limit roads. It's amazing when you drive at the speed limit just how many road users tailgate and overtake illegally.

Funnily enough, I had an incident with another driver, I had right of way, they pushed their way through, overtaking vehicles parked on their side, and we ended up clipping wing mirrors. I pulled over where it was safe to do so, and walked back to talk to her. She immediately accused me of speeding, so I offered to let her have the phone number for my work, so she could ask them what speed I was doing, since my vehicle is tracked. She suddenly decided it wasn't worth pursuing. So it does come in quite handy!!

12. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

Washers are the squirty things that work in conjuction with the wipers - some drivers have them aimed half on to the windscreen and just a bit over the top of the car so that it deliberately goes on the offending car behind so they have to do their windscreen!! :p

13. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

lol ic :D I'd rather just flick the reverse lights for a second :D

14. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

It is not silly at ALL to put the fog lights on.

Now if I actually BRAKED that would be stupid.

It catches the attention of the moron behind.

15. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Same here...love slowing down in front of them...
    :D

16. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

As much as I get road rage (contained to the confines of my car or van) and moronic drivers irritate the bejesus out of me, I am quite a courteous driver. I always give learners space and dont get annoyed by them, I dont tail gate, I dont pull out in front of people, I always indicate (drivers who dont are one of my biggest annoyances when driving) etc.

It stems from being a large van driver and realising that I was driving a big lump of metal that couldnt stop or manoeuvre very quickly and that had the potential to cause some serious damage so I just became more patient, far more aware of my surroundings, especially other drivers and pedestrians, and kept my distance.

17. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Speed limits are maximums not minimums, if they want to sit on my towbar along a road fine but i always claim if i get hit and my brakes are REALLY good, and if i brake i dont pussy about....

if i ever wanted a whiplash claim id watch the driver behind while they are on the phone and yank the bloody handbrake on hard.....

18. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

I miss my XLWB Sprinter..........

or did u mean your tubby?...lol

19. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

Lol, no, not tubby! Yes, XLWB Sprinters and LT35's, Iveco Daily box vans and LDV Maxus'. The new Sprinters were gorgeous!

20. jon bda

jon bda Guest

LDV Maxus...hateful things...
    :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice