Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Tail rot?

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by RyanRabz, May 14, 2019.

1. RyanRabz

RyanRabz PetForums Newbie

Hello, can anyone tell me if this is tail rot? My Chinese water dragon damaged the end of her tale about 2 years ago and the end bit (1-2cm) of her tail fell off about a year and a half ago. So I’m unsure if it’s just another dead part or if it’s tail rot, I don’t think it’s causing her pain but then again unfortunately they can’t tell us that. I think she still has feeling in it, she definitely has feeling on what looks to be the healthy part... it could be just normally dark part of the tail but I haven’t noticed it before, she’s been abit stressed recently due to her having eggs in her body due to the season. So I haven’t be bothering her to much. I would really appreciate it for a few opinions as the vets is very expensive (£34 just for a consultation) I will be keeping a close eye on her to make sure the condition worsens... please not the file attached that her tail is wet so may seem a bit darker. I checked this morning and was slightly more brown. 95D372B7-E7D1-4DB6-B225-31953063EEE0.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice