Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tail amputation- bloody Urine

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Sophie Sharp, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sophie Sharp

Sophie Sharp PetForums Newbie

Hi All

A few weeks ago my cat was hit by a car and loss the use of his tail. On Friday (2 days ago) his tail was amputated as he had regained control of his bladder (still waiting on bowl control).

This morning I have noticed some bloody urine in the litter tray and i am very concerned. There was nothing yesterday and he managed to slip his collar in the night so he may have hurt himself in the process (his bum area also looks very sore). I have a vets appointment tomorrow anyway to check he is doing okay, do you think I should be worrying.

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I would phone your vet today to see if he needs to be seen .

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I agree with buffie. As his bottom looks very sore he may need some pain relief from the vet. The blood in the urine could be due to a UTI or cystitis, either of which could be stress related due to the surgery he has had.

If he has a UTI he will need a course of antibiotics. If he has cystitis he will need pain relief.

Are you feeding him a wet food diet to help his bowel, bladder and kidneys work best?

TriTri likes this.
  4. Sophie Sharp

Sophie Sharp PetForums Newbie

Hi thanks for the advice

He is on wet food and loxicom (pain killer and anti inflammatory)We ended up ringing the vets, was out of hours because it's a Sunday. They said keep an eye on him until tomorrows appointment.

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice