Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tadpoles

Discussion in 'Wildlife Chat' started by Nonnie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Has anyone got any that arent growing? All my toadpoles have sprouted legs, but only a very small amount of my frog ones. I still have loads and loads of tadpoles, and they hatched months ago.
    Its not lack of food as i feed them, as i have done for years.

2. rona

rona Guest

This happened to mine last year, I don't think any survived.
    I'm pleased to say that this year I have loads of tiny frogs in the garden :D

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Would heat be a issue ? mind you we havent had a really warm spell for a long periods lately only last few days. I know these a bacteria / infection killing off alot of frogs at the momment .

4. isnt it a bit late for tadpoles?

Ours in the local ponds have been froglets for some time now! a good long while actually, they were froggies before the summer holidays started!

5. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

that happened to the ones we had for the kids in school! they took forever to start developing!

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

They've been in the tadpole stage for months and months. they havent metamorphasised yet. Only a handful have.

The toadpoles have all changed, and i have loads of mini toads around the garden, and many of last years brood as well. The frogs just refuse to change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice