Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Tablet help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarlequinCat, Sep 14, 2018.

1. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

I'm not very technically minded and I am hoping someone can help.
    For the past few days, while just browsing or doing things on my tablet a message pops up saying "YouTube app has frozen. Click here to close app" even when I have not been using it. Then when I try to go on YouTube it just shuts it down and I go back to the home screen on my tablet.

Everything else is working fine. It just seems to be YouTube. I've tried shutting it down then turning it back on, and I've tried uninstalling and installing YouTube, but the message still keeps popping up!

Is anyone else having this trouble?

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Not seen that one before. Are you using an iPad?

3. HarlequinCat

I've not seen it before either, and it's rather annoying!

Nope, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A :)

4. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Occasionally an app on the iPad starts getting a bit confused, all I do is clear it off as an open app (double click on the home button and swipe the app up on the display).

Have you checked out comments on the App Store to see if anyone else has the same issue. It also would be a way of you commenting about the issue, it may be seen by someone else who may be able help if the YouTube folk don’t come back to you.
    Not sure how adroid or google apps are like, only going from my experience with the ipad

5. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. UK Cat Daddy

Is there any updates for the youtube app? It might need updating?

Also clear the cache this might help.

rona likes this.
  6. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. UK Cat Daddy

My friend has said there are comments on google play store on the youtube app download saying there is a problem and youtube app keeps crashing. The latest comments have todays date on them.

7. HarlequinCat

Ah thank you @Siskin @stockwellcat.

Finally got it to work. I thought I would do what you both sort of suggested. I cleared the data, or cookies or that. Then forced stop, uninstalled then reinstalled it and fingers crossed it seems to be working now!

I don't know if it's Samsung or if YouTube is just having a rough time, but thought I'd check if the app was working on the smart tv and now that isn't working :rolleyes:

rona, Siskin and stockwellcat. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice