Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tabitha Kitten is going to the Vets today. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Emma-Jayne, May 3, 2011.

1. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Good morning all,

Tabitha my new kitten is going to the vets today for a check up and vaccinations if she is old enough.

She's a bit manic in the mornings and I'm worried she will be a naughty moo at the vets. Any advice on setlling her down whilst there so we don't have to wrestle her?

Thanks all

Emz x

2. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

She will be fine and vets are very good at holding naughty little kittens :D

3. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Have to agree with GreyHare! :D

They are used to cats that are playful or just plain stressed out when at the vets, so know how to calm them down, and she will probably get lots of treats ;)

4. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

We just got back. She was good as gold she even let them give injections.
    Beaming with pride. :D:D:D:D

5. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Well done Tabitha and mum :)

6. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Oh I deserve no praise, I cried on the way because I felt soooo guilt for putting her in the box and she was Meowing so loudly I felt terrible!!!! :cryin:

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Do many people find that, when taking their furbabies to the vet, it/they totally miaow their heads off in the car all the way there, get into the vets it/they go completely schtum but, as soon as you leave the vets, it/they start miaowing their heads off again!!!!! :blink:

My two, althought much better now with age, used to be a nightmare for this. :mad:

Well done to Tabitha for being such a good little girl for the man with the nasty jaggy needle and well done to mummy for managing not to pass out from the stress!! :D

8. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

If she really detests her box, you could try training her on a leash. We always took Soots on a leash to the vets, he was more ok with that than getting in his box :p Plus it meant that all the kids would come over and give him kisses and strokes - which of course he loved. Mummy's cheeky little devil <3

9. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Thank you for such a nice message. Tabitha cried at the surgery too :( Moriarty is as exactly as you described as soon as the surgery door closes behind us he is silent as a church mouse. Then when back in the car Meow Meow Meow translated as 'Pleases Mummy I want to gooooo hooooome!!!"

Em x

10. Steph_Mitsy

Steph_Mitsy PetForums Member

I have just booked Mitsy in to the vets for tomorrow... I think i'm more nervous than her tbh, glad it went well you for, hope mine goes the same way, although the only other time she's been in her box was on the way home from the seller and she wee'd and pooped in it :blink: soo REALLY hoping that doesn't happen again lol

11. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Many cats do that when they are stressed. I'm aiming to train Benji that it isn't anything evil. Hopefully by using it as a bed when its just standing around at home!

12. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

I think your right we worry more than them. I was convinced she thought she was taken back to the shelter :eek:

I'm sure Mitsy will be ok. You on the other hand........:D

Em x

13. Steph_Mitsy

Steph_Mitsy PetForums Member

yeah, I got her carrier down a few days ago so she could get used to it and put some of her toys in it and played with her in it, but she prefers to chew the door and jump off the top on to her scratchy post thing :blink:

HAHA i have no doubt you're right there! I'm going to see how far away it is, because it's pretty much the same postcode as where we live, so might even walk, that might help, other wise i'd probably be driving 5mph all the way there :eek: hehe

x

14. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

Annie wees in her box EVERY single time we go to the vet, poor baby! :( Not nice having to clean her up though lol and then on the vet table she tries to climb up me, covering me in wee from her wee soaked paws! Sometimes she poops too, but not often. It is a nightmare!

Loki is good as gold though, just a bit vocal for 5 minutes!

15. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Ahhh you see I forgot to put a toy in with her. Bad Mummy :nono:

#15 Emma-Jayne, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice