Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

tabitha has gone to be spayed

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by cats galore, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

just thought i'd update everyone on tabitha and the kittens. they will be 7 weeks old tomorrow and are doing really well. they are gorgeous little things with fantastic characters. the two boys love their cuddles, torti is most definitely a naughty torti:D the blue tabby girl is such a gentle little thing and torbi (tiger lily) she is just scrumptious - but then again they all are:)
    i have taken tabitha to the vets tonight ready for being spayed tomorrow. in fact i took tabitha and mittens (she was found in a wood yard at about 7 weeks old) to be spayed and harry the guinea pig to be neutered. it will be like a hospital ward here tomorrow when they all get home:rolleyes:
    tabitha has had 2 litters - one straight after the other - so the poor girl will not have to go through it again now. i feel awful leaving them at thevets. i'm sure tabitha especially, thinks i've 'dumped' her like the last owners did. i can't wait to see them all safe and sound again.
    here's a few photos of tabs and the kittens - just because i like to show them to everyone:D there is also a photo of mittens and harry (he's the brown piggy at the front) just so they are not left out:)

Attached Files:

2. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Aaw they are all gorgeous :) Wishing tabitha, mittens and harry a speedy recovery

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Hope all goes / went well.

4. cats galore

well tabitha, mittens and harry are all home after being spayed/neutered. all are doing great. tabitha is back with her kittens and has give each one a good clean. she has now got on her chair where she can be out of reach from them for a while to give her chance to feel better after her op. both the girls have tiny little incisions so should heal really quickly. they will go back on monday for their post op checks then the stitches will come after that. it was so nice to fetch them all back again today. tabitha especially seems so happy to be home:) the little black kitten has cried all day for his mommy:( tabitha gave him an extra special wash and cuddle:)
    here's a photo of tabs after she got home, one of little blackboy (as i call him)lol and of course i had to put one of tiger lily and blue fire. the other two were running riot so no photos of them:D

Attached Files:

5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

I love Tigerlily's pose!! :biggrin:

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Glad everything went well for Tabitha and that she is happy to be home :)
    The kittens are looking very, very cute :001_wub:

7. cats galore

tabitha has now given the kittens a good feed. they are sleeping now and seem very very happy:). tabs is now on her bed on the breakfast bar (don't worry we don't use it for food):D out of reach of the kittens where she is resting peacefully
    as usual tiger lily is posing in the photo:D

Attached Files:

8. ella

ella PetForums VIP

Wow, Tiger Lily is gorgeous!

9. cats galore

thankyou. she is pretty and she knows it:D she's very cheeky too - always up to mischief

10. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Gorgeous , can i ask why there is no e-collar on ? my girls have been spayed today and both have collars on which i hate ! just curious as to why :)

11. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

My cats have never had a collar, though they have all had dissolving subcutaneous stitches so nothing for them to pick at.

12. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Thanks for the reply , i asked about soluble stitches and was told they take 6mnths to disolve ? and they would still have to wear e-collars . also asked about glue was told only up and coming practices use this ? :confused: Perhaps my vets are still in the dark ages :rolleyes:

13. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

must admit vets dont like using glue but if you insist then they will do this for you.
    i have found glue far better after my girl afew years ago pulled her stitches and staples out, had a sever infection and she could easily get the collar off no matter how tight it was. i even tried a baby vest but she chewed holes in these aswell, complete nightmare and took months to heal.
    with the glue it doesnt pull at their skin like stitches does and also research has proven that after a female neuter pain relief is needed for 3 days afterwards, some vets give this for free others charge for it and then you have to ask for it in most cases.
    i will always insist on glue, recovery is quicker and this works better for me.:)

14. cats galore

both tabitha and mittens came out of the vets with collars on but by the time we had carried them to the car they had got them off:D. we haven't bothered putting them back on as they are leaving their stitches alone

15. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

just be careful if they do start to lick stitches it doesnt get infected. when the wound starts to heal its a little itchy for them so keep a good watch especially at night which is when most cats take them out. x:)

16. cats galore

i've never had a cat get infections etc in their wounds yet so fingers crossed these will be the same. they haven't touched their stitches yet :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice