Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

T.Foetus

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by SapphireKay, Dec 20, 2018.

1. SapphireKay

SapphireKay PetForums Newbie

Does anyone have a kitten/cat that has been diagnosed with T.Foetus? What did your vet do? What course of action was taken?

My little man Flint, who is 20 weeks old, has been diagnosed with T.Foetus. My vet doesn’t want to give him Ronidazole. So he’s on Stomorgyl which contains metronidazole for the foreseeable future. Has anyone had their cat follow this treatment plan? And if so how long did it last.

There doesn’t seem much on the internet, so after peoples experiences with this frustrating parasite.

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

I will tag one of our members whose cat was diagnosed with TF and had all sorts of problems. @bcats please can you help?

chillminx and lorilu like this.
  3. Pepperpots

Pepperpots PetForums Senior

Mine was about 5months old. Had two courses of ranidozone at a v low dose because of his age. Blood tests before and after each course. Probiotics given. Cleared it up and no more stomach issues (touch wood).

chillminx and lorilu like this.
  4. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Know others who’ve had & treated, Ronidazole is the only treatment.
    If there are side effects (which are rare when correctly dosed) the meds are stopped. Overdosing can be toxic and under dosing ineffective

5. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

@bcats may not be around so it would be a good idea to search her previous posts in this section. Her girl was treated for a long time with metronidazole without resolving the problem. Bcats had to change vets to get the Ronidazole which I think eliminated the parasite.

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice