Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Syrian weight....

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Kittenfostermummy, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

I had to take Tinsel back to work yesterday for us to cut away the last knot of stitches from her surgery a few weeks back and also to clip her lower teeth as they were really quite long! (we also clipped her claws ahhhh so nice not to be scratched whilst I am handling her!)

My boss wondered if she had lost weight as she said she looked a bit skinny. She hasn't lost weight and is coming in at 117gms.

Looking at the weights of some other syrians that we have in work she is quite light but I don't know if she is under weight or perfect!? I can't feel bones etc but she has a definite waist etc.

People with Syrians how much do your babies weigh??

Tinsel is fed on a rat mix with lots of fresh food as well, she LOVES banana a little bit of apple, carrot, cabbage pasta etc!

2. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

My heaviest I've had was 233g, she was active and ate healthy foods.
    Why not feed her hamster mix?
    I'm sure I read somewhere that hamsters require a higher protein than rats.
    My ratties have around 12% protein in their rat mix but I'm sure hamsters is ment to be around 16%??

3. Bellaboo1

Bellaboo1 PetForums VIP

Harry Hamster is a good recommended food for Syrian hamsters I think its recommended by the National Hamster Council. A good forum for all things Hamster is Hamster Central. If you wanted to keep to what you are feeding currently you could just add some more protien, cooked chicken, egg, cheese or you could try mealworms

#3 Bellaboo1, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Hey I give her egg quite often which she loves! She always comes out as soon as she smells that I have egg for dinner! I also have just bought some hamster mix to feed her with so I am sure she will be happy with this. She does eat plenty and is VERY active so fingers crossed she is healthy :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice