Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Syrian hamster teeth?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Katielouise123, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Katielouise123

Katielouise123 PetForums Newbie

hiya,

I am thinking about taking my little hammie to the vets as ive noticed his teeth are quite long, he still eats fine and there are LOADS of chewy things in his cage for him but i just think maybe they are getting a bit too long i have had him for about 1 year now and ive read online about hamsters not being able to eat because they are too long but i would like to prevent this by getting them trimmed/shaved early.....any ideas on this ? or any tips to get the teeth down?:confused::confused:

thanks

Katie xx

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Hiya unless his teeth seem to be sticking out his mouth or indeed if he seems to be off his food, then I wouldn't worry. Hamster teeth are extremely long considering the size of them!! It's the reason why a hamster bite can be much more painful than other small animals!!

3. Katielouise123

Katielouise123 PetForums Newbie

Ok thank you that puts my mind at ease :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice