Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Syrian hamster suddenly scared of me

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Ella Brathwaite, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Ella Brathwaite

Ella Brathwaite PetForums Junior

Hi
    I have had my new male Syrian hamster for almost a month and he has been making good progress and then suddenly today he has been super jumpy and scared of everything. I haven’t got him out but if he sees me move he jumps and runs back into his house. Any suggestions ?

Engel98 likes this.
  2. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

Sometimes they go back a step, he's still getting used to you so take your time and don't worry.

Try figuring out what made him scared. A smell? Did you move to quick? Did he hear hear something that startled him?

3. If something has changed in his environment I recommend cleaning the cage out properly, however this may stress him out more so you might want to wait for a while. It does sound like something has changed in his surroundings that has scared him. I suggest you just leave him alone for a while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice