Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Syds Kitties have arrived!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by _soph_, Aug 9, 2009.

1. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Last night after having "ENOUGH" of waiting my husband and I went to a party we had been invited to. Originally we had declined the offer but this waiting game was really starting to take its toll!

After some serious alcohol intake we staggered back to the house. I was laughing and said "I hope none of the cats have them tonight I can barely see straight! We walked in the front door and heard squeaking!!!! AND IT DEFINITELY WASN'T MY NOSE!! I went straight into the office and there was syd clearing up after kittie number one under the computer table!

We then watched as she delivered 3 more kitties all within an hour!!! All that worrying for nothing...It really seemed the most natural thing in the world....Nothing how I imagined it to be. She ripped open the sack, chewed the cord and ate the placenta. I was dreading this bit but if she had needed help, I can honestly say I would have been able to deal with it, its wasn't "yukkie"!

It was truly amazing and I loved every minute of it. She has moved them into the nesting box and has been happily feeding them since then - GORGEOUS!!!

Kittie number 1 = Dark Tabby with white face markings (first out, so cute)

Kittie number 2 = Light ginger tabby (Second out, looked chocolate at first!)

Kittie number 3 = Fawn cream colour (Third out, stunning colour)

Kittie number 4 = ALL BLACK!! (Sooo cute)

Piccies to follow later on today!:thumbup:

2. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

congratulations xx

cant wait to c piccies

3. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

Oh Soph I am so pleased for you. Can't wait to see pics. Hope you havn't got much of a hangover this morning lol!!!

4. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Awww how cute, congrats. I love the way you write your posts, it's like reading a story, are you a writer?

Look forward to the pics :)

5. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahhh So Sweet Bet Your So Pleased You Didnt Miss The Event Id Love To See Some Being Born Bet It Is Amazing. Congratulations.

6. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

Well done to all, can't wait to see the pictures. Your other cat will have them before mine will, mine is just keeping me on mt toes. I check back later and see if the pictures are on. I can't believe that i am still wating by the time she has hers im going to have a party.

xx

7. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

I had goose bumps reading this! woo hooo!! thats fantastic news, and such a relief she had them so easily. So what did she have them on? just the floor? Did you put them in the box? Cant wait to see the pics!

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Awww! well done mummy! What breed is she? sounds like some lovely colours!! :D

9. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Congratulations on your new furbabies - well done Mum.

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Well done. Glad it all went nice and smoothly. :)

11. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

Any photos yet, how are they doing

ruthxx

12. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Congratulations!

Liz

13. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

pics please! just one more cat to go now for you!

14. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

congratulations, pictures pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,:D, :D, :D,

15. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

YAY congratulations

16. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

congratulations xx

17. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

I have just posted the pictures on another thread ...I didn't realise that I could do it here doooohhhh!!! Oh well, I'll know for next time.

Thank you for all your well wishes...If I didn't feel so hungover from last night I'd be popping the champers...Ah well will have to save it for tomorrow night!!

Just a few extra details as requested for "Kitties":

Syd had 3 of them on the floor under the computer table, then carried the 3 babies into the "nest" Where she had the fourth! She immediately ripped open the sacs the babies were in and licked the babies vigorously until they squeaked!

It truly was an amazing experience...So for Ruth and Kitties both expecting their little bundles...IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!! Good Luck:biggrin::biggrin:

18. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oh bless her!!! did she rip the sac off each one as she gave birth ? or off all of them ? oh how cute her carrying them herself! ive got 4 boxes in my living room at moment, all varying sizes but shes not interested, she did get in one, so i put a nice fleece and towel in there, she got back out lol.

The pics are gorgeous thanks for sharing, is Lily showing any signs?

19. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

aww bless her, glad mum and kits are doing well, but its worth the wait, :D

20. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

kitties

She ripped the sac off immediately as the kitten came out...It was the first thing she did. After she cleaned them, the next one popped out and she did the same again! She had a break after the third one for about twenty minutes, that was when she carried them into the nest....Which was sooo cute!! I thought she had finished, then out popped the adorable little black one!

I really wouldnt worry about the "nest thing". I actually became "nest obsessed" in the end!! I had a total of about 15 dotted around the house and syd showed no interest what so ever!! If your cat starts giving birth not in her nest, you could just move one near to her and she may just do what syd did and go in it on her own. Mother nature is an amazing thing and something definitely kicks in when they start labour! She will know whats best for her at the time. I will be watching in anticipation for any news from you!!:wink5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice