Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Swollen Bum

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Fluffelix, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Fluffelix

Fluffelix PetForums Newbie

I have just got a Shih Tzu he is 9 weeks old on Friday. I noticed today when I was cleaning his bum it's swollen its pink and sticking out like a bump. Could anyone help with this?

Thank you

Click x

2. rona

rona Guest

How long has it been like this, could it be a prolapse?
    If so, you need to see a vet soon

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

He may have been straining or had the runs, either way it could look like that. Keep it clean and put a bit of soothing cream on it if you like. It is probably perfectly normal but if you are worried go to your vet tomorrow and get him checked over. Thank goodness most dog bums are covered by hair because they are not the most beautiful thing to look at :001_smile:

4. Fluffelix

Fluffelix PetForums Newbie

Hi the bump has totally gone this morning so still not sure what it was so will keep an eye on it. Hes at the vets on Saturday morning so i'll mention it to her and see what she thinks it could of been :001_smile: Thanks for all your answers

5. rona

rona Guest

Glad it's gone, let us know what the vet says

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice