Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Swine Flu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buggles, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

Seems like quite a few of us on here have now had swine flu sooo.. few questions

1. Do you think it was as bad as they are making out it is?

2. How long were you ill for?

3. How long did you need to take off work?

4. Did you get any other illnesses due to having swine flu?

My answers:
    1. Do you think it was as bad as they are making out it is?
    No! Yes it was nasty but I don't see the need for all the media attention around it

2. How long were you ill for?
    The actual swine flu, 7 or 8 days but only 4 or 5 really ill days

3. How long did you need to take off work?
    In total, 4 weeks

4. Did you get any other illnesses due to having swine flu?
    Yes, pneumonia (still recovering now, 7 weeks after the actual swine flu

2. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I am very ill but i don't know if it is swine flu yet. I go to the doctors tomorrow. There is a lot of bad but common colds going around here. We haven't had that many people with proper swine flu.

I am feeling a little better today, not much but it is progress!! So hopefully it is just a bad cold!

3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I have just been diagnosed with swine flu. My sister was diagnosed last week and now i have it

I feel like crap

I have no energy at all

4. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Haven't had it yet I don't think...my sister has had it but it really wasn't bad for her. She was back on her feet in no time so she definitely had it really mild...and my grandma has also had it we think. She was quite ill, for maybe a week. Luckily she's retired and had all the time in the world to recover.

5. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Well I've always got no energy and in lots of pain so I suppose in that way it didn't feel different.. But my asthma was worse and my stomach was awful. I knew it wasn't a relapse or anything because something felt different from a normal cold/flu/virus. I've been ill for about a week and a half. My lungs still aren't great and I might have bruised my ribs from coughing so much. I got my symptoms 2 days after being in contact with someone who has it. I think it's getting too much media attention though.

6. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

Oh the lack of energy is awful. It took me almost 3 weeks to get any sort of energy back.

7. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

The headache is the worst at the mo. Its always there and i go all dizzy when i try and move

Stomach cramps aswell

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice