Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Swine flu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spaniel mad, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

My sisters friend has just text her to say she has swine flu. She last see her 2 days ago and since then my sister has got a sore throat and cold like symptoms.

2. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Mine started a bit like that. Went to see my puppy and I was sitting next to one of the breeders and he sneezed but I didn't think much of it really then last Wednesday I started not feeling right and I could feel my asthma getting worse, Thursday I had all the symptoms then look on facebook to see he has swine flu and people have it at his work! Still didn't really think much of it for some reason but then his wife gets it aswell and I kept getting worse so I didn't get in contact with a Dr until Monday and got the tamiflu then but it was a bit late to get it. She should phone the Dr or nhs direct because I was pretty stupid not contacting anyone espacialy when my asthma has got worse! I feel bad because I went to physio the next day and there was alot of people in the waiting room so I could of spread it around :( Hope she feels better soon!

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aw no not another one, I've only just gotten over it x

Hope he's better soon :)

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Bloody hell thought you were going to say your pup's had it:D. How are they by the way?

5. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

dito, hope hes better soon x

6. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I thought I had the beginnings of it yesterday as I started with a slightly sore throat but luckily I'm ok today so thank god it was nothing:)

7. Spaniel mad

Just phoned the NHS direct and the swine flu line and they said she has got all the symptoms so have to pick up her meds tomorrow

Pups are doing great, Had the bloke laughing at me on the phone coz Stream was barking at me for attention lol

8. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Hope you feel better soon xxx

9. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Hope your sis is ok glad about the pup's though;)

10. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Hope you dont get it :eek:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's surprising my OH didn't catch it at all and he was with me constantly :eek:

12. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

My little girl is on day four of having swine flu and i wish it would stop already!! I suppose her age is making it worse plus her other health problems, she wanted me to take her to hospital last night as she has never felt so ill, now my daughter hates the hospital as she has to go alot with her other condition so she must really be feeling bad. I have decided to triple her steroids now as doubling them has not really had the desired effect, if that fails then i will have to phone her consultant at kings college, he can give me the best advice. Hope everyone who has swine flu gets better soon anyways, seeing my girl go through it , i know it not a nice flu to have.

Jazzy likes this.
  13. Spaniel mad

Aww bless her

Give her a hug for me and i hope she makes a speedy recovery x

14. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

I did the test on-line and was given the reference order for my Tamiflu. The chemist advised my friend I should stay off work until I finished the course of pills. All this week I have felt ill - but no worse than with normal flu

I can't help wondering how can I be confirmed as having swine swine flu without you having seeing a doctor, or taking blood tests, etc? It feels like a normal flu (with asthma thrown in foor good measure) and I felt worse with it at Christmas.

It's probably me being cynical, but maybe the government is creating a panic so people forget about the state of the economy and MP's expenses:eek:

15. Spaniel mad

I think because of the rate it has spread they are also being cautious and just giving people the Tamiflu.

I think im coming down with it aswell as i feel really rough today.

16. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

I'm off with it this week and feel exactly the same. I suppose it affects everyone differently. My OH had it worst over the weekend but I don't feel as bad as he looks :001_tt2: My work are being fussy about it saying I need to get a sick note from the doctor, but I can't GO to the doctors lol, I wonder about my boss's sanity sometimes.

bichonsru I hope your little girl is feeling a bit better today :)

17. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My daughters had it since monday and on the tami flu she seemed a little better last night to how shes been . Im just keeping everything crossed that i dont get it. Is it 7 days you have to keep them in. Im sooooo bored and havent been out the house since mon afternoon. I hope your sister is ok as i wouldnt want anyone to get it. My daughters just been so energy less . Fingers crossed shes ok.

18. Spaniel mad

They told us 7 - 10 days to keep her in

She said already she feels deflated as she walks the dogs in the morning and it kick starts her day but of course shes not allowed to

19. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Thanks for that i did think it may be 7 - 10 days. Sooooo bored. Ah bless hope your sisters ok . xx

20. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I got told 2 weeks so I can't go out until Wednesday/Thursday. I really want to get out because I'm so bored being stuck in. At the same time I'm still getting chest pain so don't think I'd beable to walk around for long anyway. I've been tempted to take Cheeko to the park we go to because in this weather it's never busy but I suppose I'd best not :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice